SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#149007 - 01/26/05 11:42 AM question please on CD-R
manic2257 Offline

Loc: australia
I am looking to install a CD-R into my PA1X, and was wondering if anyone knows if there is an alternative to the proprietary Korg drive that is available (well over $400 here in Oz) I believe the actual drive is essentially a laptop drive but with a different (snaller??) connector? Can anyone help with this question?
thanks

peace,out

#149008 - 01/26/05 07:15 PM Re: question please on CD-R
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Does it take a SCSI drive.
I hooked up a standard Scsi drive to my Yamaha 9000 and it works fine. I had that drive on a computer for a long time until the computer failed
Bebop

#149009 - 01/27/05 05:26 AM Re: question please on CD-R
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Don't know if this helps but the same CD drive is used on the TRITON STUDIO, PA1X Series and the D12 Digital Recording Studio. Like you say the picture looks like a standard laptop CD drive; don't they use a miniature centronics connector? This is going to be the tricky point; a lot of laptop manufacturers uses their own specific interface (so you are tied to their upgrades) and I don't know if Korg do the same.

A side issue - I was informed unofficially at a shop that a standard "Lite-On" 40 x 12 x 48 CD writer will fit into the Zoom MSR802 digital 8 track.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online