SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#148745 - 12/17/03 10:54 AM Purchasing from CD-Soft (Germany)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I recently heard & was very impressed with the sound of the new Tyros: '64 Organ Drawbar Voice Collection' produced by CD-Soft in Germany (checkout the impressive demos):
http://www.cd-soft.de/YAMAHA_-_Tyros/Tyros_Link/Drawbar_Sounds/drawbar_sounds.html

I was very interested in purchasing the collection until I found out that the company doesn't accept payment via credit card or PayPal. The only thing they accept is cash, mailed in an envelope, or money transfered directly from your bank to theirs. The problem with this last method is that the fee charged for this service (by my bank) is even more than the 'Organ Drawbar Voice collection' ($60 US) itself. I suppose the only other option (for me) now is to risk sending cash in the mail.

Curious if anyone here has been able to successfully order CD-Soft's: Tyros 'Drawbar Colection'. Thanks. - Scott

#148746 - 12/17/03 11:26 AM Re: Purchasing from CD-Soft (Germany)
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
hi scott,about 5 weeks ago i sent a cheque to USA,as of now it has not arrived,3weeks ago i sent 20 dollars cash to USA to someone else,still not heard nothing,you think that maybe we would learn from our mistakes,but i said i would resend cash on 2 more occasions ,and after xmas i will ,just keep my fingers crossed,mike

#148747 - 12/17/03 12:16 PM Re: Purchasing from CD-Soft (Germany)
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Scott,

just got of the Phone with Peter Ships to discuss your problem.
He told me that first of all they are working on a new web disign which will be also available in english.
He told me to call his partner about payment method, which I will do on Friday.
Things are a bit different in Germany regarding paynent.
They probably won't offer credit card payment, which will cost them a lot and would increase prices.
They might do however something like Paypal.
Again I'll let you know.

Here are some free sounds from CD-soft for Christmas: http://mitglied.lycos.de/gerdaschips/Nikolaus_2003.zip

You have to right click and save as.

Sounds :

- Allegro 2
- Atlantic IV
- Chor
- D-50
- Direct Strings
- Disco-Synbrass
- Dreampad
- Dyna-Porta
- Fat-Synth
- Filter Bass
- Flanger Lead
- Full Brass
- Hammond Dry
- Hammond X77
- Inka Flute
- Juno 60
- Kylie Synth
- MEGA Blaster
- Moog Bass
- Oberheim
- Organ 2
- Performer
- Rock Leslie
- Rock Piano
- Santana
- Star Pad
- Strat-Distortion
- String Trio
- Synbrass
- Tutti 2

Enjoy

Eric

#148748 - 12/17/03 12:19 PM Re: Purchasing from CD-Soft (Germany)
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
BTW,

I forgot to mention that the sounds are not new, but rather edited internal sounds of the tyros.
They should still be good though.

Eric

#148749 - 12/17/03 05:02 PM Re: Purchasing from CD-Soft (Germany)
Scottyee Offline

Hi Eric, thanks in advance for all your help in persuading CD-Soft to implement Paypal as a payment option. I think CD-Soft's products are terrific, and I'm sure very popular in Germany, but in order to reach a worldwide market (US, etc), they need to implement a more convenient & safe payment option like Paypal: http://paypal.com/

Paypal is QUICK, EASY, and SAFE for both merchant & potential customers to setup.

Also, thanks for the link to CD-Soft's free Tyros 'custom voices'. Lot's of great stuff.
In the meantime, here's a link to even MORE 'free stuff' from them:

Tyros Custom Organ Voices: http://mitglied.lycos.de/gerdaschips/Free_Stuff/T_Organs.zip

Tyros Registration Banks: http://mitglied.lycos.de/gerdaschips/Standard_1_und_2.zip

Happy holidays,

Scott

#148750 - 12/17/03 05:13 PM Re: Purchasing from CD-Soft (Germany)
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Scott,

My mother and kindergarten teach taught me never, never, never send cash in the mail. No receipt like a check or money order to fall back on.

Doing all this business mail order and over the internet is scary to me, other then Musiciansfriend, Music123, etc.

Just my two cents,
Boo

#148751 - 12/17/03 07:12 PM Re: Purchasing from CD-Soft (Germany)
Scottyee Offline

Boo, I totally concur with your Mom & kindergarten teacher about sending cash in the mail. On the other hand, I've never had any problems ordering with my Credit Card over the internet with certifiably legit companies. Just be sure that it's a secure website. You can usually tell by the 'padlock' icon which will appear on the bottom of the screen in your Windows 'system tray'. - Scott

#148752 - 12/17/03 07:43 PM Re: Purchasing from CD-Soft (Germany)
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
If you send cash in the mail here in the UK you can pay a few pence extra and send it insured delivery. That way the person you are sending it to has to sign for it at the other end. If they don't get it you can claim the cash back off Royal Mail. ...Comes in handy for things like Ebay when the buyer insists on cash.

Tony

#148753 - 12/17/03 09:41 PM Re: Purchasing from CD-Soft (Germany)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, let me disagree with your moms, and be a wild boy. I sent cash twice in the mail: one to an european country, another to the United States. Never had problems; the cash arrived smoothly; no problems at all. The secret (it's not my original idea, actually it's an idea from another SynthZone member) is to send the bills INSIDE a sheet of carbon paper. This way they won't be detect by electronic equipment.

Your wild friend,

-- José

[This message has been edited by matias (edited 12-17-2003).]

#148754 - 12/18/03 12:32 AM Re: Purchasing from CD-Soft (Germany)
Chris A Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ,
PayPal is most certainly NOT safe for merchants, especially those wishing to do international business. Many overseas customers are learning that they can legally scam U.S residents using PayPal and there's not a thing you or PayPal can do to stop it. I have personally been robbed of a few hundred dollars in this way but if you go to http://www.paypalsucks.com you will find find scores of people who have lost tens of thousands in PayPal scams while PayPal stood by, knowing exactly what was going on, and watched it happen.

In my own case I was in contact with PayPal staff via phone the moment I got wind of what was happening. The scam took a few days to process (reversal of credit card payment from payee after the goods had been received) and PayPal basically told me "we're sorry but there's nothing we can do about it".

I should point out that I have had over 100 trouble-free transactions via PayPal but this one experience, coupled with PayPal's complete refusal to assist me in any way (a situation experienced by many others - see the website mentioned earlier), has definitely left me with a cautious approach when it comes to PayPal.

Just my $0.02

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online