SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 15 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15 >
Topic Options
#148202 - 07/10/07 12:46 PM Re: Is Using STYLES...MIDI FILES...BIAB... etc etc a form of Cheating or?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
There is no doubt Donny's show works... He remains one of our busiest performers. More strength to him.

But.... I gotta side with Russ on this one. I was born a keyboard player, and I want to die one, not a chicken impersonator...! (I weave the Chicken song into 'Jambalaya' but as a quick quote, not Howard the Duck!)

And not that there is ANYTHING wrong with it... just not my cup of tea. My audience, so far (thank God!) manages to remain entertained without props and slapschtick.

Maybe it's because we DO play as much as possible. Maybe it's because we DON'T dress up as chickens! Who knows? As long as it works... it's WAY too hot in Florida for costumes!

#148203 - 07/10/07 01:05 PM Re: Is Using STYLES...MIDI FILES...BIAB... etc etc a form of Cheating or?
Dnj Offline

Russ & Diki sorry dont kid yourself in 40+ years I've played every kind of venue from Madison Square Garden doo wop shows, on tours, Cruise Ship tours to High-school all city Big Band concerts in Carnegie hall playing Sax as a kid ( yes I do play a few other things too.. , to high end Weddings, Corporate events, tiny classy supper clubs for Governors, Congressman,Politicians etc ...besides nursing homes and animal clubs & drunken freak titty bars, Beach Seaside, Picnic & Pool venues, church dances, Ballroom Dancing events & competitions....very versatile I am....making my clients very happy NO MATTER what they require I always do, even if it requires a sometimes happy dance involving Chickenhat ONLy when the need arises, Alley cats, and sexy Macarena girls in a long conga line, having fun with little kids too,......anyone who wants to sit in a corner of some club and just play like the wallpaper that's OK by me I've done it many times & it bores me to death ......but on the other hand I give it 500% every performance every time in anyway I need to.
Embarrassed ...? Rather happy to be alive and supporting my family as Pro Musician & Entertainer.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-10-2007).]

#148204 - 07/10/07 01:23 PM Re: Is Using STYLES...MIDI FILES...BIAB... etc etc a form of Cheating or?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I understand where you are coming from, Donny. Like you, I've covered a huge range of different musical gigs and situations (and have had my share of embarrassing band costumes!), but please don't assume that just because we are NOT doing the full MC entertainer route, that we are sitting there like wallpaper, either!

It's just as easy to make false assumptions about others' gigs that you haven't seen, as it is for others to misunderstand yours...

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 07-10-2007).]

#148205 - 07/10/07 01:37 PM Re: Is Using STYLES...MIDI FILES...BIAB... etc etc a form of Cheating or?
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Donny, knock yourself out, man. Just don't expect a lot of respect in certain circles.

That probably doesn't matter to you, and that's good!

R.

#148206 - 07/10/07 01:44 PM Re: Is Using STYLES...MIDI FILES...BIAB... etc etc a form of Cheating or?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
If i'm a talented, established, architect and someone asked me to design an outhouse, I ain't doing it. If my family's going hungry, they're just going to have to suck it up.

chas

#148207 - 07/10/07 02:11 PM Re: Is Using STYLES...MIDI FILES...BIAB... etc etc a form of Cheating or?
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
...or maybe go out into the dance floor and put a Chicken Hat on an audience member while the Chix Song is playing too...

Looks like you ruffled some feathers on this comment

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#148208 - 07/10/07 05:49 PM Re: Is Using STYLES...MIDI FILES...BIAB... etc etc a form of Cheating or?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Looks like you ruffled some feathers on this comment

zuki

I wouldn't wanna exist in a boring world when life is too short......if I can create a tear in someones eye or a smile on a cancer victims face I will do it as well as make a veteran stand and cheer that's what I do my friends!!....I'm done with replies on this topic....too exhausting to keep the repetitiveness going.....gotta rest up for another busy week.....but godspeed to y'all in your musical journeys.

PS if anyone is interested:
http://www.chickenhats.com/Chickenhats.htm

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-10-2007).]

#148209 - 07/10/07 08:22 PM Re: Is Using STYLES...MIDI FILES...BIAB... etc etc a form of Cheating or?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I'm done with replies on this topic....

Funny, because you were the topic starter...

#148210 - 07/10/07 08:24 PM Re: Is Using STYLES...MIDI FILES...BIAB... etc etc a form of Cheating or?
Dnj Offline

#148211 - 07/10/07 08:34 PM Re: Is Using STYLES...MIDI FILES...BIAB... etc etc a form of Cheating or?
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
The King has the final word...

Page 7 of 15 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online