SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#147711 - 08/21/02 01:00 PM Looking for comparison list for PA80 vs PA60
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

Some time ago I came across a short list of differences between the PA80 and PA60. For the life of me I can't find it now. Does anybody know where I can find this?

Right now, I am considering getting a PA60 to go with my PSR2000. I think they would compliment each other for my tastes very well. I know the saying "not any one keyboard has everthing you want", so, it seems like these two together would be an incredible set-up. Love that Korg jazz organ.

I had been checking into converting the Korg styles to PSR. But it looks like a lot of fooling around to suit me. And besides, a good share of the conversions don't sound right, different from the originals is probably a kind way of putting it.

Any input on this would be appreciated.

Thanx

Scott Langholff

#147712 - 08/21/02 01:12 PM Re: Looking for comparison list for PA80 vs PA60
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
New idea:

I generally in the past used two or three keyboards at the same time when playing out. Mostly because they were not General Midi.

Now that I'm considering using a PA60 and a PSR2000, I'm thinking I could use the PA60 as the main board to operate the PSR. I don't really know a lot about MIDI but I know this can be done. The question is: will I be able to have it set up so that I can quickly bring a PSR style down to my PA60, and continue using the PA60 voices? OR.... could I quickly and easily be using the styles on the PA60 and have the PSR voices transferred to the 60? OR...could I quickly and easily switch back and forth by having the PA60 "play itself" and quickly switch both styles and voices from the PSR to the Korg? This probably could have been worded better, but thats the best I could come up with.

Any input appreaciated.

Scott Langholff

P.S. I'm thinking once I have "all the right channels lined up" I could save the setting as a preset??

#147713 - 08/21/02 06:00 PM Re: Looking for comparison list for PA80 vs PA60
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Scott,
go to www.korgpa.com and you can print out the specifications for both the PA60 and the PA80 and then compare them.

George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online