SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#14770 - 06/17/03 10:22 PM First Review of GenesysPro
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
The long awaited Genesys Pro arrived today at my store. The first thing i noticed was how much lighter the shipping box was. When I unpacked the keyboard I immediately liked the new look. The keyboard now looks like it should have all the time. Without those speaker boxes staring you in the face, the keyboard now has a very modern, good looking look. The pop up screen has a nice spring loaded mechanism which locks in place when you need to transport the machine. At first I noticed nothing different except for the speakers missing, but after pushing some buttons I found some really nice changes and improvements.
First, there are 9 new styles programmed by our good buddy Chris Anthony. Trio Ballad and Big Band Med are found in the Jazz Catagory. Funky Horns (a great Tower of Power type style, similar to the style found in the Tyros was in your face kind of funky Brass found in the Dance Catagory along with Soul Town a great US sould style. In the World catagory is a new style called Flamenco which I'm sure you can imagine how that will sound along with two new Bossa Nova styles in the Latin Catagory called bossa 1 and bossa2 and a style called Latin Band. I have always been a huge fan of Chris's ability to create realistic styles and he surly didn't disappoint me with these new additions in the Genesys Pro. Generalmusic says that these new styles will be available for the Genesys with speakers too.
After playing for a few hours I loaded in my Arabic/Iranian CD into the Genesys Pro and tried out the MP3 player, CD player and and the .wav player. Everything performed perfectly.
There is now a 4 GB hard drive instead of the 2 GB in the Genesys.
I will be excited to show this keyboard off to all those who have waited for the Genesys Pro to arrive.
Generalmusic has not set retail prices for the new Genesys Pro or the Genesys, so I will be happy to quote prices if you email or call me. I really prefer retail prices so that customers can see and be aware of how much a store wishes to either discount or sell at Retail price a product. This forum is not intending for myself or any other dealer to quote our selling price in these topics. If there is a retail price and a Map price, we do publish these prices, but because of Generalmusics alowing each dealer to set his or hers selling price as they see fit, you will have to contact the dealer you are interested in buying from.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
(Retired 2021)

#14771 - 06/18/03 11:18 PM Re: First Review of GenesysPro
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
For those instrested the new genesys PRO demo is available for listening at: http://www.generalmusic.us/Pro/genesysPro.htm

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online