SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#147263 - 11/15/01 05:40 AM PSR2000 First bug report
Datablues Offline

Loc: Nuernberg, Germany
Hi to all PSR2000 user...

I got my PSR2000 Tuesday last week and here is my first bug report. I sent this already to a guy of YAMAHA (thanks George for the contact), let's see what he is saying.

Bugs?:
! If you create a user OrganFlute (e.g. name TEST) with the sound creator function e.g. based on preset OrganFlute JazzOrgan and assign this to main voice, store it in a registration and recall it. Than you do not see TEST, you see JazzOrgan. This means that the name of the voice comes from the original sound your user sound is based on. I think this is a bug?

! If you create a usereffect (mixing console, effect page, type button, parameter button, save a user effect, total are 10 usereffects available), store it and recall it to change its parameters, the parameters list is empty! You see nothing and you canīt change anything.

! Does the PSR2000 support effect chains with multiple effects (on PSR740 you can assign DSP1,2 and 3 e.g. to voice R1) or not? It seems to me, that you can make the same kind of groupings as with the 740. Just assign more than one DSP (I have tried it with 2-3-4) to the same Panel Voice (e.g. Main ). Unfortunately, the display at the bottom of the effects page only shows one of the assignments and only allows you to control one mix level. Also the display shows always left, layer, main for DSP2-4, even if you assign something else to the DSPs e.g. CH1 to DSP2. To adjust the effect level it looks as if you must turn off all but one effect (say DSP2 in a DSP 2-3-4 cascade, for example) and adjust its volume, turn off all but DSP3 and adjust it, etc. I checked it out, it works. But if you store this as registration and recall it afterwards the system behaves crazy, setting strange effect parameters.

Suggestions:
+ How to bring DSP1 configured as System (not insertion!) Effect to work on voice Main (see DSP routing of Main voice in the upper figure on page 126 user manual. Based on this figure it should be possible to use DSP1 on voice Main, but in the menues like mixing console or effekt parameters, there is no way to set up voice Main)? If there is no way to use DSP1 for the panel voices (left, layer or main) this should be implemented, because DSP1 gives a lot of addtioninal effect types.

+ It certainly would be nice if you put something in a Registration that it was saved or not. Now you have to remember to save it explicitly (and I forget sometimes). Maybe you set the red led of the registration button, which is actual in use, to blink modus, saying, there was a change of the configuration, which is not stored.

Questions:
? How can I check the availbale amount of free user memory? (of course the total is 580 KByte, but I need infos about the free system resources)

Some hints:
* System Reset: press key C6 while turning on power
* OS Version running: press C2#, F2, G2# at same time and turn the power on than press start/stop button (Style control), watch display
* Automatic test: press C3#, F3, G3# at same time and turn the power on

OK these are my first report, if you got something, please let me know.

Best greetings from Germany

Datablues

Datablues

#147264 - 11/15/01 09:13 AM Re: PSR2000 First bug report
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi DataBlues: Thanks for sharing your detailed PSR2000 observations with us. Looks like you indeed found some legitimate bugs (though I haven't checked them out on my 2000 yet). I do hope that the mulitple efx issue you mentioned is only a bug, and that multiple efx are indeed supported for one specific panel voice (main, left, layer). I also think that BOTH your suggestions and questions are good ones. I hope Yamaha or someone here can provide answers for us. Oh yeah, and THANKS for the great hints
I hope to find some time today to futher explore the PSR2000 too and will provide continuing reports here as well.

#147265 - 11/16/01 12:38 AM Re: PSR2000 First bug report
Datablues Offline

Loc: Nuernberg, Germany
Hi Scottyee...

Thank for your nice words. I look forwar to see your results.

Datablues

Datablues

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online