SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#147054 - 02/18/05 02:32 PM Random notes on Tyros???
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Twice in the last few weeks I'll be playing some tune on the Tyros when I'll hear a high note sounding that I haven't played.

I can't get it to happen when I try to reproduce it on purpose...

Any ideas?

Bill in Dayton

#147055 - 02/19/05 06:19 AM Re: Random notes on Tyros???
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Hi Bill.

This had already happened some times with me (four or five times in 8 months)and until now, I couldnīt discover how it happens.
In my Tyros it happens in C5~E5 region. It shoots the note sound at the maximum volume.
It seems to be a combination of events that when they happen togheter cause this problem and even if I want to reproduce this problem I also canīt do it.

???????

Armando

[This message has been edited by SD_FAN (edited 02-19-2005).]

#147056 - 02/19/05 09:16 AM Re: Random notes on Tyros???
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I've experienced the same thing on my Tyros. But I solved the problem after adjusting the Master EQ in the Mixing Console. I used Leo Dunne's "Medium" settings (with a slight variation on a couple settings) - from the PSR Tutorials site which can be found Here

PS: The settings are mainly used in conjunction with the Tyros' Vocal Harmonizer but it seems to have corrected my volume spike problem that I had in the process.

Also you may want to adjust your Aftertouch settings in the Function/Controller/Keyboard/Panel Menu.

I have the Initial Touch set to "Normal" and the Aftertouch to "Hard" on my Tyros.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Mike

#147057 - 02/19/05 02:08 PM Re: Random notes on Tyros???
Dnj Offline

Sounds like its time to replace the Key Contact strips under the keybed....I have had it done by a tech twice on both my Yam KBs........each time around $100.00 incl parts..

#147058 - 02/20/05 10:35 AM Re: Random notes on Tyros???
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Sounds like its time to replace the Key Contact strips under the keybed....I have had it done by a tech twice on both my Yam KBs........each time around $100.00 incl parts..

Whoa!!!!!!!

Donny!! That may be a little extreme.. First off I think Bill's Tyros is not that old and second I had the same problem on my Tyros within the first few months of purchasing it (brand new). I know of a few other SZ members who've had the problem on fairly new Tyros' also. I would encourage you Bill to try the EQ settings and or Initial/Aftertouch settings first. It can't hurt and may just cure your dilemma. If that doesn't do it then you may want to consider changing out the contact strips but IMO only as a last resort.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 02-20-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online