Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#146819 - 08/23/05 06:59 PM Re: OT: Print Directly to CD/DVD Media Devices
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Riceroni9:

The CDs I prepare are not mailed in plastic cases because I need to keep the weight low for reducing mailing costs. I use plastic bubble wrap for protection of the CD during mailing.

And then the customer (prospective?) gets it and has nothing to put it in when done? Hmmm. I would think a paper/cellophane sleeve, which costs maybe $.10 might be worth it. Just trying to help.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#146820 - 08/23/05 07:15 PM Re: OT: Print Directly to CD/DVD Media Devices
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hey Semi:

Your point is well taken. I failed to explain that I put my CD's in a "paper CD envelope" inside the bubble wrap. My clients don't keep CD's and don't want the plastic cases.

Comprende? RICE (The re-Arranger)

#146821 - 08/24/05 05:11 PM Re: OT: Print Directly to CD/DVD Media Devices
Luis.Santos Offline

Loc: Portugal
I'm using a Canon PIXMA IP4000. I highly recommend it, instead of any Epson!

Luis Santos

#146822 - 08/25/05 04:55 AM Re: OT: Print Directly to CD/DVD Media Devices
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Riceroni9:
Hi Tony Meds, Scott and others:
I have not used the Epson R200 to print CD Plastic Case Inserts but the software and manual lead me to believe it can do it. I am assuming that it would print on a fairly thin card stock (or just plain printer paper) but cannot actually confirm this.
The CDs I prepare are not mailed in plastic cases because I need to keep the weight low for reducing mailing costs. I use plastic bubble wrap for protection of the CD during mailing.
Hope this helps. Scott, you've already pointed out the only "downer" I can think of on the little printer you showed us. Thanks for the info.
All the best, RICE (The Frazzled Arranger)

Rice ... Prior to getting the EPSON I had bought a package of 'jewel case inserts' which came with its own software, free ... It works well, as I was able to download some music images from the net, save them into the software and print them ... I wanted the CD to look the same as the jewel case insert, so I tried saving the image into the EPSON software, but it would not work ... While the EPSON will support a number of file formats, this apparently is not one of them ... I'll have to see if I can download the image from the original source into EPSON ... If so, I'll print the CDs with EPSON and the inserts with the other software, at least until I run out of the inserts I have ...
I tried using the insert software and putting a CD in the printer ... It worked but I can't get the image centered on the CD correctly ...
It was a lot easier when all I had to do was play the KB !!!
t.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online