SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#159443 - 08/24/05 05:47 PM Sick of my "Paging Mr. Page?" Care to listen to 50's style version?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Link: Paging Mr. Page

Well, good news is this song is gathering more attention than any I have ever written. That's good. Problem is... deciding on style.

If you care to listen, some of you were kind enough to listen to (1)rockabilly and (2)country-rock versions of the song. Now, a musician friend said he thought (3)A 6/8 tempo could make the lyric shine better. So I have posted it to the page I have been building.

Thanks if anyone listens to tell me if they like 6/8 tempo better. (I also have recorded the other versions again since you have heard them. Well, last day or so.)

I am hoping to cut a real record! Next week, in studio with top musicians.

P.S. The 6/8 tempo, this was a rush job, I can improve phrasing as I work with it.

EDIT: Now I added BLUES PIANO style. After all, this is Louisiana and I did see Dr. John last weekend in concert.

Link: Paging Mr. Page

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

[This message has been edited by SemiLiveMusic (edited 08-24-2005).]

#159444 - 08/24/05 11:54 PM Re: Sick of my "Paging Mr. Page?" Care to listen to 50's style version?
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
Personally I like the Rockabilly version best. The "Blues piano" style sounds like a Elton John ripoff, the 50s version sounds like a cheeze 50s pop tune, the "Mellom" version doesn't give the song the kick it needs.

But I think the song needs a different bass line, that 2 feel oompaa oompaa bass doesn't drive the song that well. But thats only my opinion, it's your song I think your song would benifit from a 4 feel, up-tempo, slightly less busy, but maybe with a organ instead of strings.

But thats what I think, others might think differently, and all in all it is your song.

Doc-Z

#159445 - 08/25/05 05:07 AM Re: Sick of my "Paging Mr. Page?" Care to listen to 50's style version?
girljam Offline

Loc: FL
bill-
of all those listed on your new page, i like the rockabilly version the best!

jill

PSR S970, PSR S910, ShureSM57 mics, and way too much misc.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online