SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#146809 - 08/08/05 03:05 PM Re: OT: Print Directly to CD/DVD Media Devices
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi everybody:

Once more into the breech... the Epson R200 does have a flimsy CD printing tray. It's leading edge is made from clear plastic that has been bonded to the front of the tray. After 1000+ uses, the clear plastic begins to become mis-shapen and sometimes causes the tray to hang upon entry into the printer. To circumvent this problem, I provide a little manual thumb pressure at the start of the printing process and the tray slides right on in, automatically aligns itself and prints in stunning color in less than a minute. (Unless of course, I go wild and ask it to print all the colors of the rainbow in very expensive ink.)

No, Semi-live, I don't have the courage to put water on my precious CDs full of a dozen of my original songs. If I had a serious concern about this, I would spray clear protectant (previously discussed in this topic)on the top printed surface. So far, I have not had a single record company or publisher or producer complain about smearing or discolorization.

I still don't recommend the Epson R-300 because you have to load the CD tray from the rear of the machine and that takes up entirely too much desk space to suit me. My partner, the famous actor, Mike Hackworth, has a 300 and my 200 costs less, prints just as fast and does just as good a printing job.

Hope this helps you guys. (No, I am not on Epson's payroll!) Hmmm, maybe I should give them a call... Just kidding!

RICE (The Lone Arranger)

#146810 - 08/08/05 07:16 PM Re: OT: Print Directly to CD/DVD Media Devices
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Bill,
I have a sring-loaded label application device that centers it perfectly each time.
Gary

Gary ... Is this a commercial device or something you crafted yourself ... If comm'l, can you give name/model/etc.
t.

#146811 - 08/08/05 07:37 PM Re: OT: Print Directly to CD/DVD Media Devices
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Gary ... Is this a commercial device or something you crafted yourself ... If comm'l, can you give name/model/etc.
t.

Tony, you can find them at office supply stores. Displayed near the labels. Neato makes one.

------------------
Me Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#146812 - 08/08/05 08:33 PM Re: OT: Print Directly to CD/DVD Media Devices
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I got mine with 100 labels at Staple's for about $20. Nothing special, and every label is perfectly centered.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#146813 - 08/09/05 01:53 PM Re: OT: Print Directly to CD/DVD Media Devices
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
They are called C/D STOMPERS...cheap and easy to use....
Tony Rome

#146814 - 08/09/05 11:33 PM Re: OT: Print Directly to CD/DVD Media Devices
ViLo Offline

Loc: Dallas Tx., USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Rome:
The reports that I've read on the Epson 200 and 300 is that the c/d trays are flimsy and
brake easy..the 200 was advertised on Amazon referbed from the factory for $89.00
with a spindle of 30 cd free....I'm worried about the cd tray....asny feedback on this
part......
Tony Rome

I have printed [like I said before] more than 800 CD's with my R300 no problems with the tray.

------------------
Precision Mastering
http://vilo4.tripod.com/precisionmastering/

Master Your CD With Us!
Ask Me About it!
www.vicente-lopez.com

HE'S COMING, MAKE MUSIC, GET READY! smile

#146815 - 08/22/05 07:16 PM Re: OT: Print Directly to CD/DVD Media Devices
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
If anyone wants to see a report on the Epson
printer you can go to this link....good review.... http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/epson_r300m.html
I'm gonna get one for sure...they got them on e-bay.....
Tony Rome

#146816 - 08/22/05 08:28 PM Re: OT: Print Directly to CD/DVD Media Devices
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
As I said in my post on "The Bar" I just got an Epson 200 ... got it free with the purchase of a digital camera ...
just tried using it tonight ...seems fine ... the tray loads from the front which is easy ... it's a little flimsy, but with proper handling should be ok ... print quality very good ...
Who ever else is using it: Do you print the CD inserts (for the jewel cases) with the same program?
thnx,
t.

#146817 - 08/22/05 09:00 PM Re: OT: Print Directly to CD/DVD Media Devices
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Here's another professional looking results print to CD/DVD device option to consider:
Primera Signature Z1 CD/DVD Printer

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 08-22-2005).]

#146818 - 08/23/05 05:00 PM Re: OT: Print Directly to CD/DVD Media Devices
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi Tony Meds, Scott and others:

I have not used the Epson R200 to print CD Plastic Case Inserts but the software and manual lead me to believe it can do it. I am assuming that it would print on a fairly thin card stock (or just plain printer paper) but cannot actually confirm this.

The CDs I prepare are not mailed in plastic cases because I need to keep the weight low for reducing mailing costs. I use plastic bubble wrap for protection of the CD during mailing.

Hope this helps. Scott, you've already pointed out the only "downer" I can think of on the little printer you showed us. Thanks for the info.

All the best, RICE (The Frazzled Arranger)

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online