SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#14662 - 08/21/06 11:55 AM ST_DANCE user styles MISSING
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Hi XP Enthusiasts,

Well, I don't know how it happened,but it did. Somehow the forlder ST_Dance (user styles) are missing from my hard drive. If anyone has the capabilities of downloading this folder and making me a copy I would appreciate it because I do not have the CD for my Genesys XP. Don't know if this could be e-mailed or not but will pay for shipping or postage.

Another thing, I've lost all my user styles the last two times I've turned off the XP. Each time had to reload them. Any ideas??

Thanks group,
Don

#14663 - 08/21/06 12:51 PM Re: ST_DANCE user styles MISSING
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Don , I'll be glad to copy the 2no CD's supplied with my XP module and put them in the snail mail post it is not a problem to me (as I had to do the same thing for Markku )today !!

just e mail me your snail mail address and the CD's will be posted to you tomorrow !!
It will take about a week .

"can't help with your other techie problem "

regards ............Giovanni

#14664 - 08/21/06 01:42 PM Re: ST_DANCE user styles MISSING
sonola Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Same thing happened to me several days after I loaded the user styles. The problem was the internal battery charge being depleted because I had not used the unit (i.e. turned it on)for it to be recharged. I now turn the unit on at least every two days just to recharge the internal battery. When the internal battery is discharged, everything stored in RAM is lost and has to be restored.

#14665 - 08/21/06 02:11 PM Re: ST_DANCE user styles MISSING
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Don and Sonola , am I missing something here ???
I thought Dave said create a folder called AUTOLOAD and in the event of the Battery powering the RAM memory running out everything was backed up to the AUTOLOAD and it would restore all memory settings from the Hard drive "does this mean also user styles and custom styles in the user memory ???? " I thought it did so am I right or wrong ??
This is an important issue which needs clarification .
I don't want to get to a gig and nothing is left in the memory !!of the XP .

I don't think that you should have to switch the XP on every couple of days to ensure the battery is fully charged so as not to lose all your data !! this can not be right !!
It would be a terrible moment !! this is another worry I have with this set up !!

regards ........Giovanni

#14666 - 08/21/06 03:29 PM Re: ST_DANCE user styles MISSING
sonola Offline

Giovanni, you're probably correct. Maybe I just don't know how to do the autoload. Thanks for questioning this. I will definitely do more research.

#14667 - 08/21/06 03:41 PM Re: ST_DANCE user styles MISSING
sonola Offline

OK Guys, here is what Dave McMahan wrote in an earlier post: (I will do this and test)

Regarding User Styles, Presets, Memories, System/MIDI settings, etc;
It is very handy to save the entire contents of RAM (containing your custom settings and data) to the hard drive. It is very easy to do.
1. Press the Disk button and select RAM from the left side of the display.
2. Highlight the word RAMFILE in the left column if it is not already highlighted.
3. Select SAVE from the right side of the display.
4. At this point I suggest creating and naming a new folder by selecting that option from the lower left of the display.
HINT: If you name the new folder AUTOLOAD then if the back-up battery has been depleted, the contents of the AUTOLOAD folder will be loaded automatically.

#14668 - 08/21/06 06:02 PM Re: ST_DANCE user styles MISSING
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Unfortunate XP Owner's,

Thanks Giovanni, much appreciated.

The problem for me is; how can it be my battry, when the XP stays powered up most of the time. I hardly ever turn anything off, including my computers and the XP. But I also notice this in the Genius. The settings change when I pwoer up, even though I have the LOCK function in place.????

WHO KNOWS,
Don

#14669 - 08/31/06 01:17 PM Re: ST_DANCE user styles MISSING
sonola Offline

Here's an update on my test of the Autoload process. I did what Dave described below, i.e. created an Autoload folder and my XP was turned off for about five days. Upon power up, the System Unchecked message appeared and the system restore process started. After the GEM icon appeared, the system did alot of hitting on the hard drive for about 2-3 minutes. When the normal screen appeared, all user styles were still available. Thanks Dave!
Quote:
Originally posted by sonola:
OK Guys, here is what Dave McMahan wrote in an earlier post: (I will do this and test)

Regarding User Styles, Presets, Memories, System/MIDI settings, etc;
It is very handy to save the entire contents of RAM (containing your custom settings and data) to the hard drive. It is very easy to do.
1. Press the Disk button and select RAM from the left side of the display.
2. Highlight the word RAMFILE in the left column if it is not already highlighted.
3. Select SAVE from the right side of the display.
4. At this point I suggest creating and naming a new folder by selecting that option from the lower left of the display.
HINT: If you name the new folder AUTOLOAD then if the back-up battery has been depleted, the contents of the AUTOLOAD folder will be loaded automatically.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online