Here's an update on my test of the Autoload process. I did what Dave described below, i.e. created an Autoload folder and my XP was turned off for about five days. Upon power up, the System Unchecked message appeared and the system restore process started. After the GEM icon appeared, the system did alot of hitting on the hard drive for about 2-3 minutes. When the normal screen appeared, all user styles were still available. Thanks Dave!
Quote:
Originally posted by sonola:
OK Guys, here is what Dave McMahan wrote in an earlier post: (I will do this and test)

Regarding User Styles, Presets, Memories, System/MIDI settings, etc;
It is very handy to save the entire contents of RAM (containing your custom settings and data) to the hard drive. It is very easy to do.
1. Press the Disk button and select RAM from the left side of the display.
2. Highlight the word RAMFILE in the left column if it is not already highlighted.
3. Select SAVE from the right side of the display.
4. At this point I suggest creating and naming a new folder by selecting that option from the lower left of the display.
HINT: If you name the new folder AUTOLOAD then if the back-up battery has been depleted, the contents of the AUTOLOAD folder will be loaded automatically.