SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#146403 - 09/17/05 04:41 PM More great Tyros2 demos !
Roel Offline

Just found some new T2 demos added at http://www.yamaha-tyros.com/tyros2preview.php

#146404 - 09/17/05 04:45 PM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
And the sax sound incredibble !!

Cant wait to put my hands on it !

Arno,

#146405 - 09/17/05 05:15 PM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Glad to finally find these excellent demos posted on the web by Yamaha. Thanks to UK artist Andy S. for his fine 'live playing' performance skills, especially on the impressive solo sax & guitar demos. Btw, the impressively realistic 'breath effect' on 'S.Art Sax Saxophone' & 'guitar noise' on 'S.Art Guitar' are triggered "live" as well: via assgignable foot controller, of which is a KEY feature of "Super Articulation' voice playing. In addition, playing "Super Articulation' voices normally on the kb, automatically delivers expressive finger slides to guitar sounds, breathy legato phrasing to saxophone sounds, or a range of bowing effects to string instruments. Tyros2 utilizes complex algorithms to determine which sample (there are multiple sound samples per each note) is played, and determined by the velocity (how hard you hit the note), playing speed, and the interval distance between the notes. This imo is a very exciting keyboard advancement adding even greater realism to acoustic instrument emulation. Another PLUS with Tyros2 is that MusicFinder is no longer limited to only accessing USER Memory Styles. I also appreciate the addition of recording audio, yet it's limited to only 2 audio tracks. - Scott

#146406 - 09/17/05 05:21 PM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
zuki Offline

I have shockwave, but can't get it. Any suggestions?

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#146407 - 09/17/05 10:59 PM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
zuki,
try turning off yor cookie and/or ad control with your AV programme. Worked for me.

------------------
Roy-Andrč

#146408 - 09/18/05 05:49 AM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
hmmmm, I find that, except guitars, the new Tyros II is not very good at emulating real instruments.
I was totally disappointed by the strings and the trumpet.
The so called "S. Art Saxophone" (maybe State of the Art Saxophone?) soungs good, but I hate the imitation of a player taking a breath, because it sound absolutely identical everytime i hear it. It will be good if one can adjust the breathing effect.
Nevertheless, Tyros II seems to be a great keyboard.
Regards,
George

#146409 - 09/18/05 06:38 AM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
acoustictones Offline

Loc: Lakeville, MN
I agree with George. That breath was driving me nuts as well.

The idea is good, but it is either a complete waiste as a feature or was simply demo'ed poorly.

Very distracting and uneffective.

#146410 - 09/18/05 06:50 AM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I'm blown away by the sound of the new Tyros 2. The Orchestral demo piece was quite moving and I could not distingish between the real thing and an arranger organ!

There seems to be much more brightness and tonal range to the new Tyros 2. That latin demo with those Trumpets are awesomely realistic.

The organs seem much more animated with a more "churly" kind of effect to them. I don't really know if that's a good thing or not, just different.

This keyboard will go unused for many players because it does not have 76 keys. What a waste of great technology.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#146411 - 09/18/05 08:22 AM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
bomba6 Offline

Loc: Israel
George and acoustictones are right.. the breath sound is bothering.. Yamaha has to rebuild it or something, it sound the same every singel time.

You heard the Oriental Pop? That was really good one! I wish Yamaha will make more styles like this, and not only for oriental keyboards (like A1000).

[This message has been edited by bomba6 (edited 09-18-2005).]

#146412 - 09/18/05 09:10 AM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:

This keyboard will go unused for many players because it does not have 76 keys. What a waste of great technology.

Sad but true. I do hope Yamaha relents and does make a 76 key version somewhere down the road. And in my opinion the sooner the better for those of us wanting 76 keys. If they wait too long to do it the hype will have long since faded and another Manufacturer will have stepped up to the plate and most likely offer something even spicier with more features and more realistic sounds AND 76 keys. As we know Roland and Korg aren't afraid to offer 76 Keys in their high end Arrangers evidenced by the Korg Pa1XPRO and the Roland G70.

What I'm hoping is that if Yamaha does indeed offer a 76 key Tyros2 they will make it light enough so as not to restrict sales from people who won't buy a heavy keyboard no matter how good it sounds.

It shouldn't be too hard in my opinion seeing Roland has the Fantom X7 (76 keys) that weighs in at 32 lbs. Granted it's no Arranger but what's the diff? Styles and Multipads can't weigh that much right? And Sample RAM can't either for that matter.

Eventually the technology (which is basically here btw) will make it possible to make 76 Key or even 88 Key keyboards much lighter than they are now. And they will actually be stronger and more durable than the composites that are currently being used.

Don't laugh but eventually 88 Key keyboards will be made that weigh in the neighborhood of 25 to 45 lbs - with fully weighted keys! And you can imagine what their 76 Key counterparts will weigh in at. And we're talking full blown high end Workstations and Arrangers not Wal-Mart specials.

Then maybe we can even get Scott Langholff to consider getting something other than 61 keys.

Best regards,
Mike

PS: I really liked the Sax in that new super articulation demo. It is the best sounding Sax I've heard on a keyboard. The breathing thingy is a neat little added feature, which, if not overused, could add demension to a song. I do agree that Yamaha should make it possible to vary the breath sound.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online