SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#14587 - 08/25/04 07:26 PM WK8 Problem
asafar Offline

Loc: New York
Hi I have a WK8 Mega Station one of the first ones that came out.
It has the Vocalizer and 8 MB flash plus 32MB Ram.
sometimes when I turn it on the Logo comes up but nothing happens so I turn it off and On again and it would load and start normal.

Other times I turn it on and after loading I get this very bad SHSHSHSHSHSHSHS Noise and I would have to turn it off and On again for it to go away.

I hope some one from GeneralMusic can help me solve this problem.

[This message has been edited by asafar (edited 08-25-2004).]

#14588 - 08/25/04 11:46 PM Re: WK8 Problem
ziggy Offline

Loc: Malta
Asafar, I am not a GEM rep ok but I have been working on Gem keyboards a long time now.

Just a small tip when thing like that happen my first thing to do is RE INSTALL the OS, see what happen, REMEMBER TO BACK UP you system cause that will be lost when you RE INSTALL THE OS.

TRY THAT AANS SEE WHAT HAPPEN>

GOOD LUCK
Tony.

#14589 - 08/26/04 04:16 AM Re: WK8 Problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

Tony is correct. First try re-loading the O/S and see if the problem is corrected. You might even want to get a new O/S disk in case the one you have is corrupted. Go to www.musicmediasoft.com to download the latest O/S and instructions on how to create an O/S disk.

Best Regards,

Dave

#14590 - 08/26/04 08:46 AM Re: WK8 Problem
asafar Offline

Thank you very much I will try to load the OS.

#14591 - 08/29/04 11:27 PM Re: WK8 Problem
asafar Offline

I did load the OS again but still sometimes it won't load and I get the GEM Logo and it gets stuck right there until I restart it.

#14592 - 08/30/04 02:08 AM Re: WK8 Problem
Dazza Offline

Loc: Great Britain
Hi

One thing to try if you are ok with the interior of the keyboard.

Open it up and unplug and replug the connectors back into the boards. Sometimes with moving the keyboards about the connectors become slightly dislodged. This makes the connections intermittent and could cause problems. I have not had your problem but have had various others and after doing this it solved them for me.

I would suggest then downloading the operating system again from the internet and reloading it.

Dazza

#14593 - 08/31/04 01:19 AM Re: WK8 Problem
JoostMerema Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Did you turned the dial during boot to erase the memory of the WK8? Sounds like a memory error of some kind. You can try to do a hardware test, which is not difficult to do. I do not have my WK8 here with me, so I hope I got it right.

You go to General, then System Info, than you push F8 (Or the most right down F button, I think it is F8). This should put you in Hardware Test modus. You can check every button, the harddisk and your memory.

Hope it helps.

#14594 - 08/31/04 08:05 PM Re: WK8 Problem
asafar Offline

I did the hardware test and everything passed except one which is 3Rom Sound = Fault.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online