SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#145861 - 12/17/05 12:06 AM Warranty Periods on Keyboards
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
just wondering about the warranty periods, the different manufacturers give on their keyboards. I hadn't noticed before, but Yamaha appears to only give 90 days on Labour, 12 months on Parts.

For some reason , I'd been under the impression that 12 months Labour & Parts was normal for keyboards?? Maybe things have changed in the last few years.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#145862 - 12/17/05 04:01 AM Re: Warranty Periods on Keyboards
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Here in the UK I know Roland gives a 3 year full cover.
My PSR3000 has a dealer 3 years, but this is the only dealer to my knowledge which gives this extensive warranty.

#145863 - 12/17/05 06:06 AM Re: Warranty Periods on Keyboards
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Because european consumer rights we have here
2 years waranty,if there is a longer expectation of the product it might be longer.

Arno.

#145864 - 12/17/05 06:40 AM Re: Warranty Periods on Keyboards
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here in the US, Generalmusic products carry a 5 year/parts, 1 year/labor warranty.

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 12-17-2005).]

#145865 - 12/17/05 10:16 AM Re: Warranty Periods on Keyboards
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Tyros 2 Yamaha 90 days labor, 1 year parts, so play it fast
Bebop

#145866 - 12/17/05 02:39 PM Re: Warranty Periods on Keyboards
rikkisbears Offline

Hi,
it appears warranties vary in different countries.

Good one Bebop.
Actually I ended up getting a Ketron SD1plus instead of a Yamaha. I couldn't be bothered waiting till next year SOMETIME to get one. Really pathetic, couldn't find a dealer that was expecting Tyros 2's anytime in the near future, couldn't even find a dealer that could get me a psr3000 this side of xmas. Enough whining, how's your new Tyros2 going. I think I read somewhere you managed to get your usb/laptop driver sorted out?

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
Tyros 2 Yamaha 90 days labor, 1 year parts, so play it fast
Bebop

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#145867 - 12/17/05 04:02 PM Re: Warranty Periods on Keyboards
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I purchased my Tyros2 with a credit card that doubles the manufacter warranty (up to 5 year max) feature, so asume my T2 parts coverage has been increased to 6 months (180 days), and labor coverage increased to 2 years.

Rikki: Congrats on your new SD1 acquisition. Hope you'll record a song on your SD1 and share it with us.

Happy holidays to all,

Scott

#145868 - 12/17/05 05:59 PM Re: Warranty Periods on Keyboards
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Scott,
that's great. Weird the way warranties work.

I've noticed you've been getting a lot of pleasure out of your T2.

Anyway, for something different I decided to try the Ketron. I'm style learning to use it.
It's got some rather nice styles. I particularly like the drums & bass, they sound very realistic. Drums 2 is based on audio loops. Probably what gives the drums the extra realism.

On the whole, so far so good. For me, it may actually work out better as I'm hoping to incorporate softsynths/laptop into the setup. The mega voices used in the PSR styles would have probably caused hassles with what I'm hoping to acheive.

As for me recording something, I usually only play to entertain myself. I'm best seen , NOT heard ( haahaa) I wouldn't want to do Ketron a disservice by scaring off potential customers..
Happy Holidays to you too.
best wishes
rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Rikki: Congrats on your new SD1 acquisition. Hope you'll record a song on your SD1 and share it with us.

Happy holidays to all,

Scott

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#145869 - 12/18/05 10:38 AM Re: Warranty Periods on Keyboards
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI RIKKI,
Happy to hear you got a new keyboard but disappointed you didn't get the Tyros. We need people like you in the Tyros forum that have a deep and inquiring mind with a high degree of intelligence and music instrument background.
I hope you will trade it in on the Tyros 2 when it gets to OZ.
I got all the problems sorted out now. One major problem was in the MS XP operating suystem. I had to hack the registry to make a place for the USB-Midi driver. Then I had to rewire the Recording studio to get the Ty 2 and cakewalk pro 9 talking to each other. I finally got time last night to jam on the board and it is just awesome.
Santa Clause Jann sez the hard drive and memory that Scott Yee reccomended will be under the tree
Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Enjoy your summer sun, we finally got fall rain
Bebop
Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi,
it appears warranties vary in different countries.

Good one Bebop.
Actually I ended up getting a Ketron SD1plus instead of a Yamaha. I couldn't be bothered waiting till next year SOMETIME to get one. Really pathetic, couldn't find a dealer that was expecting Tyros 2's anytime in the near future, couldn't even find a dealer that could get me a psr3000 this side of xmas. Enough whining, how's your new Tyros2 going. I think I read somewhere you managed to get your usb/laptop driver sorted out?

best wishes
Rikki

#145870 - 12/18/05 05:44 PM Re: Warranty Periods on Keyboards
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Bebop,
sad part for me was, when I lost my Technics dealer, meant I also lost my Yamaha dealer of nearly 15 years. They closed shop just after Technics closed down.
The other 4 or 5 Yammie dealers I got in touch with were hopeless. Didn't return phone calls, didn't know there was even a new Tyros out etc etc. The only keyboards they were interested in selling were the cheap $200 versions that they probably sell by the dozen.

By accident( while browsing online) , I discovered a Ketron dealer in Sydney, rang up, got an amazing deal, & picked it up last week. One of the few brands I haven't had before. So, something new to learn.

It's great to hear that you did get your laptop & driver sorted out. It's so frustrating when something doesn't quite work
& you waste hours, that could be better spent playing music.

Maybe if I get on hubby's good side, he may get me a Tyros 2 for next xmas. They may have arrived by then ( haa haa)

Enjoy your new hard drive. They certainly make things easier. I thought the 250mb sd card in the Technics was huge. Apparently I've got a 6 gigbyte harddrive in the sd1+, don't know what I'm going to fill it up with, I couldn't even fill a 250mb sd card.
I suppose one needs memory if we get involved with sampling side of things & wav files.

Have a Merry Xmas.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BEBOP:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online