SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#145779 - 06/21/06 05:22 PM Any way to make a full Tyros system backup?
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I'm wondering if there is any way to fully back up a Tyros so that all I have to do is stick in the flash drive and press one button to have the keyboard fully loaded. I know this was possible with the PSR 8000.

I just had to do this the other day (see topic "My Horror story"); but it took a lot of time for me to move everything from the flash drive to their folders and then assign them to their 'memory' buttons. In addition I then had to set up all the USER voices again so that they would work in my styles.

Is there any other way to do this?
Thanks, Chony.

#145780 - 06/21/06 06:07 PM Re: Any way to make a full Tyros system backup?
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
In reality, NO! You'll have to back up the User Style Files, Registrations, Midi Files and MFD separately. If you wish, you can store them all in a single folder, but the actual backups must be done individually.

Sorry to hear about your mishap with the airlines. Gotta' have backups, even if it's just in the form of a laptop loaded with midi files converted to MP3s and a quality mic. With just those two components you could have pulled the job off, your audience would have been happy, and you would have been $800 in the black.

BTW: Did you ever get your orriginal keyboard back from Texas? And if so, was it in one piece?

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#145781 - 06/21/06 06:13 PM Re: Any way to make a full Tyros system backup?
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Hi Gary,

As I wrote, my keyboard came back to me ten minutes before I started performing. So I had two of them on stage!

The mp3 idea is deffinitely a good idea. I'm considering - when I have time - to record 100 songs or so, and buy a DJ program that would let me mix them into each other seamlessly on the fly.

Thanks, Chony.

#145782 - 06/22/06 06:43 AM Re: Any way to make a full Tyros system backup?
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Chony,

Try using Winamp, which is a great program for MP3 playback. It provides you with a multi-band graphic equalizer, plus the ability to create custom playlists for any particular job.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#145783 - 06/22/06 07:10 AM Re: Any way to make a full Tyros system backup?
Dnj Offline

For a T2 backup.....hook the T2 to your computer using a USB/Host cable .....power up holding down the Music Finder Button to be in the Hard Drive/PC transfer mode, T2 will show up as another Drive......& then simply take your files/folders & transfer/copy /paste them to your PC/LT folders etc etc.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online