SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#145614 - 01/31/05 01:27 PM Roland Arranger: M-FX into Sequencer
Vadim Offline

I think it`s little usefull thing that I figured out not too long ago on my VA76(didn`t tried it on G1000 yet)
maybe many of you already know it...
Since G1000, Em2000, VA76/7 don`t let to assign Insertion effects(DSP,M-fx...)into tracks if using 16-track sequencer, there is kinda cheating method i used
On VA76: i assign each part Upper1/2, Lowers etc, an Insertion effect(using mixer:[single part]) And than i press record and i record couple measures(i also record a note so that it will let me use 16-track sequencer)and when recording i have all parts(uppers,lowers)turned on, than i go to 16-track sequencer and track-4(upper1)has an effect as well as tracks 6 11 and some others, it depends which ones you were recording in "2-track sequencer" so I am left out with tracks that have insertion FX(i also go to edit to erase all notes so that i can start working on all tracks independently...)

It`s not very good way of making backing-tracks or whatever but atleast you`ll have M-FX in the sequencer

#145615 - 01/31/05 02:26 PM Re: Roland Arranger: M-FX into Sequencer
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Vadim, you absolutely can record all effect changes, reverb , chorous, delay and insert effects...very simple into the recorder..
I usually select one of my performances, make my changes , select the rec button and star to record..it[G1000] plays back all my effect changes just as they were recorded..
I never record from free panel[maybe that is your problem , but I doubt it..]
Don't forget to select the on tab for your parts that will use the insert effects.

#145616 - 01/31/05 03:18 PM Re: Roland Arranger: M-FX into Sequencer
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Vadim, I forgot to mention,,when you record using the insert effects, it will only play back correctly on a GS compatible sound source..insert effects will be system exclusive..

If you playback on any other device[computer or another brand instrument] it will ignore system exclusive data, and you will not hear the insert effects..

#145617 - 02/01/05 01:59 PM Re: Roland Arranger: M-FX into Sequencer
Vadim Offline

...I mean`t that when starting recording from scratch in 16-track sequencer that`s where it`s not possible to use Iserts...(but of coarse each track has Reverb Chorus and Delay)

So when recording not in 16-track sequencer it is GS, and when in 16-track sequncer it`s GM?(because on VA76 there is no GS/GM button like in G1000)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online