SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#145560 - 08/21/01 02:36 PM Second reply to Arbaz
korgy Offline

Loc: FRANCE
HI again

Idid what you said, that is:

I choose a style, tweak the right levels, specially for Drums and Acc. tracks at say 80.
Then i Write it in a Performance 1.1.
Then i hit BSQ, Record, choose Realtime, start the sequencer and BOUM , the big levels are always there while i play my chords.
A man of Korg told me today on the phone that BSQ will always put those level at 127.
This is inside the machine, there is no way else and the only thing you can do is to lower the overall master volume.( to spare your ears).

And you Arbaz, can you tell me step by step what you do to play with the style you chose at the right volume level ?

If this week i can't achieve it, i exchange the pa80 fot YAM psr9000 cause in a store i did the same experience.the guy launched the style with Drums and Acc. set at 0 for 15 seconds and then going up slowly to 127.
When the recording was finished, he started the seq. and everything was taped the right way ! So ...

Best regards

#145561 - 08/21/01 03:46 PM Re: Second reply to Arbaz
Arbaz Offline

Hello korgy,
I will be gone for a month so please do the below procedure as soon as you can and let me know,

1.First of all download the latest o.s. from www.korgpa80.com your PA-80 must have o.s. 2.01, to see which o.s. you have currently simply hold the shift button and then press exit/no and enter/yes button togather PA-80 should show July 02 2001 Version: 2.01

2.Restore the original data the 5 disks (before doing this procedure backup your valuable data or styles to floppies or hard drive) and now restart the PA-80 it will be in its factory default condition.

3.When you startup the PA-80 it will be showing the Groove Bld which is defalut for Performance 1-1 you will be in the style play mode, make sure that master volume slider is at a comfortable hearing level, and ACC/SEQ volume slider should be all the way up (max level),and assign slider should be all the way down,

4. Press menu, choose style ctrls (page 20) click page + one time now you are in page 21 see the option Prog. : Orign. change it to Prog. : On by pressing drum, press exit, (for further reference why doing it is necessory please refer to the PA-80 manual at page 9b-10 Style Record Mode.)

5. Press Menu, choose mixer, then press TRK. SELECT (red light should be on) change the drum and perc volume to 50 and 50 now press Write disk in use button you will see the 4 options " Perf .Name : StereoGrand, Perf. N: 01-1 StereoGrand, STS N. : 1, Current Style", now you will see the arrow pointed to the first line [ ]> Perf .Name : StereoGrand leave it as it is and press enter it will ask you if you are sure press enter again.

6. Now press the write button again this time choose the second line Perf. N: 01-1 StereoGrand by pressing BASS/ PERC button and press enter twice repeat the same process again for the remaining 2 bottom lines (STS N. : 1, Current Style) after doing that,

7. Press BSQ press rec choose real time recording press play/stop of seq 1, then press START/ STOP button play along. The levels the drums are not playing loud are they ? Stop recording whenever you want. To verify the volume levels, go to song mode press menu choose mixer hit trk. select and you will see the levels for channel 10 and 11 set at 50 what we initially set for them (Drum, Perc), and which were recorded perfectly in the BSQ.

I have just done the above procedure at my PA-80 and in the BSQ mode the drums were playing at a low volume (level 50) and I also verified it in the song mode, now the man at korg was obivously drunk cause I just did the process and it works fine there is no bug in the machine or o.s. if the above procedure does not work in your PA-80 then their is something wrong with your PA-80 which is very unlikely, if korg people are degrading their own product and they don't know anything about their own product then God help us all and them.

some helpful points from my earlier post,

"I hope that you understand the concept of recording in BSQ mode, in PA-80 when you enter BSQ mode you are actually recording PERFORMANCE and not style so what ever changes you make in volumes try to save that PERFORMANCE as stated above cause a PERFORMANCE also contain STS settings which, volume levels, Real time track settings and blah blah blah, hope you understand what I am saying all the PERFORMANCES are user writable in PA-80 and you have about 80 of them say you choose a ballad style, make all the changes you want to make and then make sure you save all the changes in PERFORMANCE"

[This message has been edited by Arbaz (edited 08-21-2001).]

#145562 - 08/22/01 05:25 PM Re: Second reply to Arbaz
Arbaz Offline

Hello korgy!

Have you tried the above procedure? did you get the desired result? please respond.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online