SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#145150 - 10/21/00 11:59 AM HELP! w/ Solton to Digitech Vocalist midi problem!! Please hurry--I'm at the store!
Barry L Offline

Loc: Phoenix Arizona
We've tried for three days at Synthony Music to get three different Digitech Vocalist models to respond correctly to the major/minor/etc. chord tonality commands sent by a Solton X4's 4-switch pedal. The Vocalist will read the key (foot pedal commands), but either respond to the chord tonality commands after a four second delay or not at all! Making adjustments in the Vocalist menus locks up the units.

Our customer is Jim Henry and has no problem with his old Solton MS4/Vocalist VHM5 units talking to each other.

Is ANYone using a Digitech Vocalist with a Solton X series unit? With pedals? If so, what's your setup?

Thanks for your quick response--we're trying to make a customer happy.

Barry L

#145151 - 10/21/00 11:51 PM Re: HELP! w/ Solton to Digitech Vocalist midi problem!! Please hurry--I'm at the store!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Haven't had the X1 since last winter, but when I did have it I used the Digitech Vocalist II, before I purchased and installed the onboard harmonizer.
It worked great. I forget which channel I set to chord change, but it was easy. Didn't use foot pedals though.
This probably doesn't help, but good luck anyway.
DonM

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online