SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#144960 - 01/13/02 11:56 AM Solton SD1 function questions
Mike H Offline

Loc: Homer AK
I have a couple questions on SD1 functions.

First - is it possible to set up a style so that the arranger will recognize and respond to only the first chord played in a measure?
For example - lets say you were in full keyboard mode and wanted the accompaniment to stay in Fmaj7 while you played some chord solos against it for a measure or two.

Second - In the Demo and Hit section (similar to Technics performance pads) - Is it possible to toggle between that midifile playback function and full on live arranger play - without abrupt changes - and keep the piano going without interruption through the whole process? The goal would be to play live piano accompanying prerecorded music and be able to switch without glitch - or pause to a full on live performance.

regards
Mike

#144961 - 01/13/02 12:31 PM Re: Solton SD1 function questions
flowerssupply Offline

Loc: Ireland
in x1 I used this a bit. I had to press sustain pedal and the chord will remain unchanged until sustain is released. Hit new chord and press sustain again ad nauseum.
I had to get it set up in piano sustain mode I think and set a pedal on footswitches as austain -- but if you dont use set of foot pedals then a sustain pedal fitted to "sustain pedal" jack at rear of instrument does same function -- I suspect it will be similar in SD1 Pierce in Ireland

#144962 - 01/13/02 04:54 PM Re: Solton SD1 function questions
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
If you are in the Demo + hit mode and you stop or end the sequence ... you press exit and strike a chord , than the style (as long as the style is selected prior to going to demo + hit) will be activated right away if the keystart button is on ! Less than 2 seconds .
An example would be I select a rock n roll pattern and set tempo etc.... I activate keystart ( I use all the time ) . I now access the demo + hit function . Play a couple of sequences and immediately start the rock and roll style via pressing exit and playing 1st chord ! The patttern starts right away !
Just to clarify ...the demo and hit feature is a dedicated folder on the hard drive on the SD1 . When in the demo / hit mode you have access to 999 songs that can be played one after another .
2nd question .........
I believe this was answered ! dano

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 01-13-2002).]

#144963 - 01/13/02 05:05 PM Re: Solton SD1 function questions
Mike H Offline

Loc: Homer AK
flowersupply

If I understand you correctly - you press the sustain pedal and it holds the arranger triggered chord but doesn't sustain the notes in the rest of the keyboard during that period of time? and you press the sustain once more say at the end of the measure or two to prepare for the next chord?

DanO -
I understand what you said - but will that method allow the piano voice to keep going to provide a means to fill that gap of 2 seconds or less?

thanks
mike

#144964 - 01/13/02 06:04 PM Re: Solton SD1 function questions
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:

DanO -
I understand what you said - but will that method allow the piano voice to keep going to provide a means to fill that gap of 2 seconds or less?
YES ..............2 seconds or less ! Ready set ......1,2 your off and runnning !
thanks
mike[/B]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online