SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#14491 - 03/05/02 03:55 PM WK4 Powerstation 2...samples/formats
Musicguy70 Offline

I have downloaded and saved a .wav sample to floppy. I checked the disk on my PC. It's there and it plays fine. However when I put the floppy into my WK4PS2, and go to load sound, it doesnt even show that the file is on the disk. My instrument works fine and loads samples that are on the hardrive and when I saved them on the same floppy. The format of these samples I might add is .txl
I thought it could load .wav and other filetypes. What am I doing wrong and how can I do it correctly?

Thanks!

#14492 - 03/06/02 06:48 AM Re: WK4 Powerstation 2...samples/formats
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
convert it to .wav and then try to add it.

#14493 - 03/06/02 02:27 PM Re: WK4 Powerstation 2...samples/formats
Musicguy70 Offline

"I have downloaded and saved a .wav sample to floppy"

It is a .wav sample. Funny thing on the same disc I was loading a midifile into the kbd and it showed the .wav sample. So it's there! But you obviously can't load it from the Load/Midi menu. It's the Load/Sound right? Tried again and it doesn't even show it'son the disc. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

#14494 - 03/06/02 02:37 PM Re: WK4 Powerstation 2...samples/formats
sk880user Offline

No, it is not load sound. Basically, what you want to do is get into the synth mode and load it as a wave file. But do not use the load/sound.

The idea is like this. Wave file is not considered a complete sound, but a raw material to make a sound. So what you do, you get into the synth, you sample that wave file and adjust its parameters. Then you save it as a sound.

#14495 - 03/06/02 02:54 PM Re: WK4 Powerstation 2...samples/formats
JoostMerema Offline

Loc: Netherlands
To load a sample, you have got to have the plus option installed. Visit http://www.musicmediasoft.com/eng/update.asp go to GEM updates and download it.

First, go to the first perf of your keyboard. Press Effect Bypass and Solo. Then, press Option. You now enter the Synth mode. You now press load, and select the wav file. WK loads it, and you now have to assign it to the keys you want it to play. Now save the sound. You go back to the synth menu. Save it again, and you will be back in the perf. De-select Solo and Effect Bypass.

I hope I got it right (it's late, and I'm doing it without the WK4 standing next to me)

Good luck!

Joost Merema

[This message has been edited by JoostMerema (edited 03-06-2002).]

#14496 - 03/06/02 05:13 PM Re: WK4 Powerstation 2...samples/formats
sk880user Offline

Joost,

Wk4 works differently than wk8 in that regard. The same principle, but different buttons.

#14497 - 03/06/02 11:14 PM Re: WK4 Powerstation 2...samples/formats
JoostMerema Offline

Sk user;

No offence, but there seems to be a WK4 Powerstation II involved

greeting!

Joost

#14498 - 03/07/02 07:01 AM Re: WK4 Powerstation 2...samples/formats
sk880user Offline

Joost,

I never knew that such a thing exists. So what does WK4PS2 gives you extra over WK4PS?

#14499 - 03/07/02 08:56 AM Re: WK4 Powerstation 2...samples/formats
JoostMerema Offline

I looked it up for you. This is the text from the general music web site that time. It is almost vintage

I wouldn't know, why they called it PII, my lucky guess they had a Powerstation, with no extra RAM or with different (or no) software on the hard disk.

WK4 Power Station II, a special version of the WK4 World Keyboard fitted with a 540 MB internal hard disk (2.5" - IDE interface), is now available at music stores everywhere. The internal hard disk is an important innovation for all musicians, allowing any piece of data used (songs, styles, performances, etc) to be rationally stored and handled with speed and accuracy. It takes less than 10 second to load 16 songs into memory, and less than 15 seconds to load an entire block of songs complete with their relative PCM samples (2 MB).

The other amazing feature of WK4 Power Station II is the vast amount of software supplied in its hard disk:

Over 700 songs, representing the very best of a wide variety of musical styles, including International hits, Italian hits, Spanish hits, Italian dancehall, Traditional songs, and others.

120 styles, with new PROFILES specifically developed for WK4 and a selection from the fully compatible WX/SX library.

50 MB of new sounds (immediately utilizable, thanks to the 2 MB DRAM with back-up battery already installed) including pads, vintage organs, acoustic pianos, choirs, strings, orchestral, accordions, basses, drum kits, techno, grooves, sound effects, ethnic instruments (Arabic percussions, Chinese sounds, Brazilian loops, etc) and of others.

WK4 Power Station II is an absolutely complete workstation, the ideal instrument for all musicians working professionally in the field of live entertainment and music-bars.
* Polyphony 64 notes max.
* 600 editable sounds
* Sample RAM expandable up to 32 MB with SIMM modules
* 4 programmable digital effects processors
* 128 styles (96 ROM + 32 programmable), each with 4 variations
* Ample disk library
* Compatible with SMF 0, 1 and 1+lyrics, and with WX/SX and GMX formats
* Sequencer: 32 tracks, 250,000 events, microscope editing, background loading
* Professional master keyboard (aftertouch, 32 layers, 32 splits, 3 programmable pedals, 2 MIDI In, 2 Out, 2 Thru)
* Operating system updatable with new functions via disk
* Optional Audio/Video interface for displaying melody, chords and lyrics on any TV, and for processing external signals by internal effects
* 2-way stereo amplification with four speakers (25W + 25W).

greetings!

Joost

#14500 - 03/07/02 10:16 AM Re: WK4 Powerstation 2...samples/formats
Musicguy70 Offline

It worked! Thank you very much guys!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online