SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#144665 - 01/13/04 07:54 AM General Music - I just gave up
New Yorker Offline

Loc: St. Petersburg, Russia
Hi All,

I did not really want to have posted my bad experience with GEM here (it happened in the summer of 2003, just don’t like to put people down) but since others doing so I've decided to add mine (very short one) for this is may improve the service sometime in the future.

It is very simple and short and here it is:

1. I emailed Paul (GEM rep in USA, sorry forgot his last name) that I'd like to see Genesys in action, whether it's available anywhere in NYC Metro area and so on. I wanted to check it out before buying ‘cause I really liked the reviews.

2. Paul emailed me back a few days later that it is available and that some of GEM dealers will give me a call shortly to schedule appointment and give me other details

3. Fine, sounds good to me. It happened sometime in the summer of 2003. I've waited and waited and waited…. No one called me. Fine, I thought I’d email Paul to remind…..

4. After some emails going back and forth for weeks between me and Paul that someone will finally call me I decided to give up completely.

5. I was very patient; waited for GEM dealer to contact me for weeks; then emailed Paul that no one called me again; then there was discussion on possible email problems; I said that here is my phone number – have them CALL me; bla bla bla…

6. Result: NO ONE FROM GEM DEALERSHIP CALLED ME EVER. And I was waiting and waiting not for days, but for weeks (more than a month) with no results.

Now. How in the world GEM wants to sell ANYTHING with such horrible and (not poor) but NO customer service at all??????

P.S. still, and it’s year 2004, no one ever contacted me from GEM. Paul mentioned that he left messages to this and that dealer to call me, bla bla bla, and it’s probably not Paul’s fault at all…. Whatever.

I am very disappointed and completely gave up on GEM.

------------------
New Yorker

[This message has been edited by New Yorker (edited 01-13-2004).]

#144666 - 01/13/04 08:02 AM Re: General Music - I just gave up
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Sorry to hear about this my arranger friend . Catch a train or drive on down to Baltimore and check out the SD1plus or Tyro's, I'll even buy you dinner !

Dan O'

------------------
Technics,Ketron Yamaha Casio arranger keyboards .
www.keyboardcity.net
1-866-348-8876

#144667 - 01/13/04 08:16 AM Re: General Music - I just gave up
New Yorker Offline

Loc: St. Petersburg, Russia
I wish I could

[This message has been edited by New Yorker (edited 01-13-2004).]

#144668 - 01/13/04 08:25 AM Re: General Music - I just gave up
trtjazz Offline

Well, I have to say that GEM has the worst E mail problems in the world I have ever heard of. When I was interested in a Genysis, Paul told me he was in No. California quite often and would E me the next time he was. After months, (about 4)I posted here again about it and Paul posted back that he tried to E me several times with no response back from me and thought I had lost interest.

I never received any of those E's and have not had anyone else tell me that they sent me E's that I did not respond to. So I too gave up on any thought of owning a Gem keyboard.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 01-13-2004).]

#144669 - 01/13/04 09:01 AM Re: General Music - I just gave up
Dnj Offline

I feel your pain with the bad experiences I read here about GEM support.......

I would take Dan's offer to go to his store and check out the SD-1 & other products.....I have met Dan O 2x & played this & other KB's in his stores and never had a bad experience. Even after the sales Dan would email me to see how things were going, I called him at work or at home with problems setting up my KB and he was always there to help and find the answers for my problems. Great customer relatons and that makes a succesfull dealer,
"After the Sale support"....Heck while in Maryland I even enjopyed the best Crab Dinner I have ever had in my life too!!!
Well worth the 3hr drive from NYC area.

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-13-2004).]

#144670 - 01/13/04 11:25 AM Re: General Music - I just gave up
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Speaking of crabs .......
Why don't crabs make good musicians ?
Too many clauses in the contract

#144671 - 01/13/04 11:41 AM Re: General Music - I just gave up
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
Too many clauses in the contract

Ho ho ho !

- Scott

#144672 - 01/13/04 11:53 AM Re: General Music - I just gave up
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
drive on down to Baltimore - I'll even buy you dinner !

Do it ! The eatin's good in MD !

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online