SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#144504 - 07/02/03 03:35 PM XQWORKS question
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just purchased XGWORKS not too long ago.
I'm trying to figure out how to work the voice to score function.
I have melodies that I want to transcribe. I bought this program to accomplish this.
Help!!!

#144505 - 07/02/03 08:04 PM Re: XQWORKS question
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I know it says voice to score, but I don't believe you'll be able to print a standard notation using it, if that's what you were looking to do. What it does is transcribe audio to a midi score. I only tried it a couple of times in the few years that I've had XG works. First thing is that the melody has to be monophonic. In this manner, the XG works autoscore program is no different than any of the other "audio" to midi programs that I had seen out there, although it's been a while since I've looked at any of them. It just won't recognize multiple channels.

The next thing is to ensure that the audio signal you want to use is being sent into the program. How will you input the melody ? You can whistle, sing, or even play another instrument into it ( such as guitar ), so long as the audio is picked up by the program. You could also open a wav file with the melody. There are several parameters that need to be tweaked too, if I remember right, in order to get a somewhat accurate conversion. It's been a long time since I tried it, but the conversion wasn't particularly good when I attempted it. Then again I didn't do much of the suggested tweaking. I never used it after that because it's not a function that I really need. I just tried it for the "novelty" effect.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 07-03-2003).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online