SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#144401 - 12/22/01 06:31 AM MS-Excel tool to edit PSR2000 Music Finder Database
Fabien Offline

Loc: Paris, France
Hi everybody here!
This is my first post. I've learned a lot reading all your inputs here, since my PSR2000 arrived, so it's time for my contribution.
Following this link you will find an Excel file that will allow you to edit the PSR2000 Music Finder Database on your computer and load it back into your board.
Merry Christmas everybody.

Fabien (Paris – France)

#144402 - 12/22/01 10:50 AM Re: MS-Excel tool to edit PSR2000 Music Finder Database
Beakybird Offline

This looks like a great program. Thank you. It allows one to get rid of all of the unknown songs from the database. You don't even need to go to favorites. You can keep all of the favorites on the main screen. You can also add song titles easily. A great program.

Now my understanding of this database is it only calls up the desired style at the desired tempo. Can you also save other settings, such as transpose, mic settings, etc.?

Larry

#144403 - 12/22/01 11:32 AM Re: MS-Excel tool to edit PSR2000 Music Finder Database
Fabien Offline

Larry,
Items you see in the file are the only ones saved by the music finder . So you are right, it's only Style and Tempo, along with some additional info to help searching songs.
Using S1 and S2 columns, you can have up to three "favorite" pages now .
Fabien

#144404 - 12/22/01 12:20 PM Re: MS-Excel tool to edit PSR2000 Music Finder Database
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Fabien,

Bonjour,

Many thanks so for your generousity in sharing your 'extremely useful' PSR2000 MusicFinder Excel Macro program. It's so much faster & easier to enter MusicFinder song data on the destop PC rather than on the keyboard itself. Also, thanks for initially having me to test out your earlier beta release version as well. Unfortunately due to the crush of the holiday gigs, I haven't had a chance to try version 1.2 yet, but I plan to in the coming days.

It is obvious that you put a lot of work in setting up and writing this Excel macro. Thanks for sharing it with the PSR2000 user community.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2002.

- Scott

California (San Francisco Bay Area)
http://scottyee.com

#144405 - 12/23/01 12:17 AM Re: MS-Excel tool to edit PSR2000 Music Finder Database
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hello Fabien
This is really a great piece of work you have done! You are very nice to share your efforts with all other PSR2000 owners!
Tom

#144406 - 12/23/01 12:05 PM Re: MS-Excel tool to edit PSR2000 Music Finder Database
shiral Offline

Loc: IL, USA
Hi Fabien,

I don't own a PSR2000, but was still excited to know about your tool. Hope to see more.

Shiral

[This message has been edited by shiral (edited 12-23-2001).]

#144407 - 12/24/01 06:05 AM Re: MS-Excel tool to edit PSR2000 Music Finder Database
Joe Waters Offline

Loc: Sterling, VA USA
I finally had a few moments to try out your Excel spreadsheet -- terrific program, Fabien. Thank you so much for sharing it. I noticed that a number of the entries from my current music finder db came up with styles N/A. These had style numbers in the 8000 range. They are also styles I have in user memory. Your second sheet shows style numbers and style names. It includes a number of styles, from floppy, that have no style number. Apparently, the program looks to this sheet to find style names. If we have styles in user memory that we are using, do we simply add those names to the table with the appropriate 8000 number??? Also, how does the "Comment" column fit in? I don't recall seeing that in the edit screen of the Music Finder DB.

I do think your system is an excellent way to add (or delete) files from the MFD. For example, I have a lot of entries for Christmas songs, but I don't know if I want to store them year round. Your system would allow me to sort on that group, copy all the files to another sheet, and save them in this formant. I can then delete the entries now and add them next year when they are relevant again.

#144408 - 12/24/01 05:20 PM Re: MS-Excel tool to edit PSR2000 Music Finder Database
Fabien Offline

Joe,
You are right, you need only to add those user songs in the "styles" sheet, with the correct numbers to make them working in the "MFD" sheet. Songs in the "styles" sheet must be ordered by those numbers.
Comment field is not saved in the MFD file but you can save it within the excel file.
Fabien

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online