SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#14437 - 02/01/01 12:30 PM Need recomendations on GOOD piano module
RKB Offline

Loc: Easton, PA USA
It's time for me to get a good solid grand piano in my rig. Electronic, of course. I have a Roland JV-2080 but the acoustic piano patches just aren't good enough. I'm thinking of upgrading to the XV-5080 with the Concert Grand card. How does that sound?

I've been using a pretty crappy grand piano sample on my ASR-10 for years, and I just can't take it anymore. I need something that sounds like a grand piano and is a good, clean sample. Any suggestions on what I should buy?

#14438 - 02/01/01 05:25 PM Re: Need recomendations on GOOD piano module
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Hello friend,

This is the GeneralMusic forum: GEM, which is an Itallian company like Yamaha, Korg, Solton. To get the best answer, please repost your question in the topmost forum.

But since you are here, let me tell what your options are:

1-GEM realpiano module, based GEM realpiano1. It is ok. Realpiano2 is way better. But they do not make realpiano2 module unfortunately.

2-Yamaha MU128, very good sound and very good price... only if you like it. I wish they make Yamaha P80 module.

3-Roland XV1010, good piano, very good price. I am waiting for it go even lower and then I might get one.

4-Roland XV3080, better piano, very bad price. Cut it in half and I will get it now *smile*

5-Kurzweil micropiano... ok

6- Proteus2000, I never heard the piano sound in it. But some people like it.

I have this is helpful

#14439 - 02/01/01 09:32 PM Re: Need recomendations on GOOD piano module
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Korg SG Grand Piano module is also very good
George Kaye
PS Anybody interested in a used WK6 powerstation. I have one at my store with the hard drive and an optional vocal processor installed. Good price. check the buy and sell area of this forum.
thanks
(Retired 2021)

#14440 - 02/07/01 08:23 AM Re: Need recomendations on GOOD piano module
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
George,

Thank you for the info. We appreciate the fact that you are paying attention to us and checking out this forum every once a while.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online