I am using a Yamaha PS-293 at home and will be bringing it to the band room. It has on board speakers a stereo output -for headphones I think. I've played with it twice in a band situation, into a PA. It wasn't that bad sounding if I used a plain piano setting and a few others. The organ tones were kinda weak as one would expect.

A couple of questions:

- Should I run a stereo cable that slits into two monos (or xlr?) and run it in stereo out if the pa? Would that help the organ to sound even a little better, just enough to sit low in the mix? I think it might, especially for practice/jamming!

- Could a guitar boost or od pedal be used to boost the signal -and then back off the keyboard vol?

- What pitfalls should I look for when playing through a PA?

- Should I keep the vol on the keyboard low, and crank the PA vol? You know, then turn up a bit for solos?

I am a guitarist, and a few of us can fool around on it, and a couple of us can actually play it. This is just going to be for jamming rehearsals, if I somehow find the energy (and cash!) to lug a guitar rig and a keyboard rig to shows, I'll get somthing else.

Thanks in advance!