SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#143841 - 09/05/07 10:00 AM Re: Bose L1 for sale...
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
I posted a piano sound at the PSR Tutorial site specifically for Yamaha keyboards used in combination with the Bose L1.

Gar, yep, I utilize a modified version of your tweaked sound when I have to go out to a mono speaker, and agree that it offers some degree of improvement (thanks ) , but it still lacks the full body richness the stereo 'Grand Piano' voice going out to two discrete speakers delivers. For situations where live piano comping plays only a background role, it's fine, but for any 'exposed piano playing' of any kind (piano soloing, etc), going out to a single Bose L1 or any other mono speaker system just won't cut it with Yamaha keyboard stereo sampled pianos. My personal opinion only of course. - Scott

#143842 - 09/05/07 05:30 PM Re: Bose L1 for sale...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Scott,

I really don't have a problem with mono using the Bose, or any other system for that matter. I guess much of this may be centered around the differences in our performances. While I utilize the piano sounds a bit, my vocals are essentially my lead instrument. It's extremely rare for me to perform a strictly instrumental song, and when I do the piano I use is the one I created just for that purpose. For me, there is nothing, absolutely nothing, that compares with the Bose L1 system, and I've performed at some huge venues using the L1 with just a single sub. All of this, of course, is very subjective, and I respect the views of performers who do not like the Bose systems. It has been an outstanding sound system for me. And, I have yet to have a single, negative comment from any audience member, including several pro musicians with impecible credentials.

It works for me,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#143843 - 09/05/07 08:06 PM Re: Bose L1 for sale...
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
my vocals are essentially my lead instrument. It's extremely rare for me to perform a strictly instrumental song, and when I do the piano I use is the one I created just for that purpose. For me, there is nothing, absolutely nothing, that compares with the Bose L1 system

Hi Gar , Yep, I concur that the Bose L1 is perhaps the VERY BEST sounding system for vocals and acoustic instruments, and was most definitely in 7th HEAVEN hearing how my voice sounded thru it. So-o -o natural & unhyped. Darn . . . if only there were a Yamaha stereo piano sample solution for exposed piano playing.

Here's is a link to a software plug-in solution & forum discussion about it, but does anyone here know if there's a hardware device available for sale which will accomplish the same thing? If so, where can I buy it, and how much would it cost?

Thanks, - Scott

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online