SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#143794 - 12/12/02 05:07 AM GENSYS V 1.04 O.S. patch
ziggy Offline

Loc: Malta
If Anybody want this new OS upgrade for Genesys drop me an Email at this address.
gauciton@onvol.net

And I will send it your way,
it's about 1.4Mb

Tony.

#143795 - 12/12/02 08:37 PM Re: GENSYS V 1.04 O.S. patch
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
What have you noticed different about this new operating system? I haven't received it yet from Generalmusic at my store but I was told it just came out. Do you need a CD to load it or does it fit on one or more HD floppy disks?
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#143796 - 12/13/02 03:06 AM Re: GENSYS V 1.04 O.S. patch
ziggy Offline

Hi George I have sent you the upgrade. It's about 1.4 Mg .

It is now much faster to open the Midi songs folders.

If your playing midi songs to jump from one song to another now you just highlight the next song and just press ENTER and the next song in que will play automatically.

Well you have a briefing with the upgrade I have sent you.

George just curious how does the Saxes on the Tayros sound compared to the Genesys???

Especially the ALTO Sax and The Growl!!!

Tony.

#143797 - 12/13/02 07:24 AM Re: GENSYS V 1.04 O.S. patch
George Kaye Offline

Tony,
thanks for the upgrade. I just downloaded it. This upgrade is not on the Generalmusic Website yet. It says you must have 1.3 installed before installing this 1.04. I'll have to check which is in my keyboard on the floor at the store when I go in today. Is there directions on how to do the upgrade in the manual?
I'll compare the saxes when I get in this morning. I've got the Tyros and the Genesys on the same stand through the same sound system so I will be able to easily compare the sounds.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#143798 - 12/13/02 09:26 AM Re: GENSYS V 1.04 O.S. patch
ziggy Offline

George just unzip it and copy the OS to a floppy.
Then put it in the genesys floppy Turn the Dail while starting and Select the load from Floppy option Enter and vola that's it.
If you don't have the other upgrade just let me know I'll send it your way. I think it was released on 20 - 09 - 2002.

#143799 - 12/13/02 01:01 PM Re: GENSYS V 1.04 O.S. patch
George Kaye Offline

Ziggy,
I loaded the new operating system into my keybord and it seems to be working OK. My operating system was 3/20/02 and now it says 11/21/02. Maybe I need the 9/20/02 you are talking about to make it work properly. Please send this one as well.
Now, the saxes.........
I like the Genesys Real Tenor and Real Alto the best, but the sweet tenor and sweet alto in the Tyros are also great. Just my taste I guess. I also like the Growl tenor sax better on the Genesys but again, just my taste. They are all outstanding, but there is a little more realism in the Genesys to my ear. The Soprano Sax in the Yamaha is my favorite over the Genesys Soprano Sax. When you play the Yamaha, the Soprano sounds just like Kenny G. is in the room!
George Kaye
kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#143800 - 12/13/02 04:31 PM Re: GENSYS V 1.04 O.S. patch
ziggy Offline

Thx George for your reply, now about the Os actually you should have installed the other first then the one I sent you.
Tomorrow i will send you the other Os cause I don't have it with now, and I think it's best first you install the one I am going to send you and then Re install the other OS.
I'll send it your way tomorrow. well its 1.30 am over here so I guess better go and get some sleep after a night of giging.
Thx George once again for your time.

Tony.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online