SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#143735 - 02/28/05 06:57 AM Help with the Tyros
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Can anyone help me please. I have downloaded a number of styles that have been converted from other boards, and like it is reported in other threads, some are good and some are bad and some have the potential to be really good.

In a number of cases all I have to do is to change the drumkit(s) and or instruments and adjust/balance volume levels and there are some very useable styles.

However, I have made these changes and been pleased with the result but cannot find a way to save the changes back to a user style (not a registration).

I can't find anywhere in the User Style Edit pages where the info is stored so that I can amend it. I would have thought it would be in the Sysex data but I can't find it.

Pleez help if you can as it's diving me nuts.

It's so easy on the XD3 - you just change the voice, volume, panning, effect etc and save the change EVEN back to the factory presets.

Any help is appreciated - KF

#143736 - 02/28/05 07:00 AM Re: Help with the Tyros
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You have to make the changes in the Style Recorder. Or at least make the changes, and then before you change styles, go into the Style Recorder, page over and Save to a new style. It will then be a User Style. You can overwrite, or rename.
DonM

#143737 - 03/01/05 04:07 AM Re: Help with the Tyros
KFingers Offline

Thanks Don

I was sure I had tried that but I will do it again tonight to be sure.

Don't forget I am not using factory presets but converted Roland styles so I had been saving back to the same user style name that I had edited. Perhaps I will save it to a new name!!

Keith F

#143738 - 03/01/05 07:24 AM Re: Help with the Tyros
ironhill Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by KFingers:
Thanks Don

I was sure I had tried that but I will do it again tonight to be sure.

Don't forget I am not using factory presets but converted Roland styles so I had been saving back to the same user style name that I had edited. Perhaps I will save it to a new name!!

Keith F

Hi Keith,
here are some additional information:
I often did nearly the same modification you did within that kind of styles by Mixing Console.
I saved the style using the Style Creater. The first page after selecting this function I changed the display pushing EXIT knop. Then you'll see 'SAVE' on the screen. (at the right side)Now you can overwrite or rename.
Regards Hanspeter

#143739 - 03/02/05 09:11 AM Re: Help with the Tyros
KFingers Offline

Thanks Hanspeter - I've managed to crack it now. I thought I had treid all options but I obviously didn't.

Regards - Keith

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online