SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#143598 - 01/01/07 12:36 PM Need Help for Roland VR-760 (V-Combo), please.
BCtines Offline

Fran, or someone else familiar with he VR-760:

I'm attempting to rename registrations and can't get the new name to stick.

I'll call up the Reg, access Edit>Reg-Common>Rename>Input New Name and replace the name characters, then press Enter. the "Completed" msg displays OK.

The new name will show OK *as long as I don't change any settings*. But if any changes and I return to the changed reg, it displays the original name, not he edited one.

For example, if I try to change "Jimmy1" to "Jimmy2", and exit the rename function (after pressing Enter), as long as I don't press any buttons, the new name is OK on the LCD.

But if I Press another registration and come back to the Jimmy2 location, it shows its original name.

What am I doing wrong here?

I can call up a reg, make changes to its paramerts (like changing drawbar footages) Write it back to that reg, and that sticks. But the name change doesn't.

Sure will appreciate any ideas you have like you've helped in the past.

I've scoured all Roland support sections, but they're no help.

What I want to accomplish is creating a bank of 8 organ settings that I can one-push onstage to get a variation of organ tones in the middle of a solo...like using the presets on a B3

TIA much,
BC

#143599 - 01/01/07 01:37 PM Re: Need Help for Roland VR-760 (V-Combo), please.
Dnj Offline

I forwarded this to Fran....hang in there wont be long before he helps you !

#143600 - 01/01/07 03:19 PM Re: Need Help for Roland VR-760 (V-Combo), please.
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I have a 760, but sorry I can't help. The only thing I've done with my registrations is save them to a SD disk. Let me know if you find anything out. Also, what I'd like to do is rearrange most of the regs into a few banks and free space for my own. Do I have to delete one or more spots and then play puzzle time to rearrange them, or is there an easy way to move regs from one location to the other? Thanks.

#143601 - 01/02/07 01:02 PM Re: Need Help for Roland VR-760 (V-Combo), please.
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Try a name very different from the first. The OS may only read the first 7 characters and save only that. It's worth a try.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 01-02-2007).]

#143602 - 01/02/07 04:01 PM Re: Need Help for Roland VR-760 (V-Combo), please.
BCtines Offline

Dnj & cassp
Thanks guys for the rapid response. that's super!

Dnj,
Appreciate that and am curious to see what he says.

Cassp:
1) that's a good suggestion re the OS characters. nfortunately I'd already tried that...no joy.

2) Re a reorg of the regs: Sadly, I think you have to play Puzzlemaster in order to do that. At least I can't come up with an easier alternative.

This wierd idea just hit: Depending on the number of regs you want, if it's suitably less than 64, you could create an "Init Patch" and park a small number of them as the space fillers.

The init patch could be named "Init" and use something simple for parameters.

Further, you can cretae up to 64 patches that have some sort of aural link (say all Woodwinds, Organs, EPs, etc), then save each aural link to the Card with an appropriate file name. Then call them up when you wanted that class of timbre.

That'd be ugly on stage, but OK in the studio.

But no matter what, I don't see a way around the puzzle bit.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Hey...another Q just popped up:

Anybody know how to on/off just the vibrato in any of the organ patches with a pedal?

I know you can get sort of the same efect pedaling the D-Beam etc., but I'd like to on/off vibrato while keeping the Leslie sim going.

Thanks, again both of you. I hope you like your VRs as much as I like mine. It's been onstage over a hundred times in the few months I've used it.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online