SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#143188 - 04/10/03 05:46 AM One Man Band version 4.0
Jos Maas Offline

Loc: Hantum, The Netherlands
With thanks to the ones that helped get this release on the road. For there suggestions, advise, testing and everything else.

JM

ONE MAN BAND VERSION 4.0 RELEASE NOTIFICATION.

The new release of this virtual arranger keyboard can be downloaded (free to try) at http://www.home.zonnet.nl/JosMaas/onemanband/download.htm.

You can now configure anything that sends MIDI signals (keys, benders, wheels, knobs, sliders, pedals) as varation buttons for intros, endings, fill ins etc. Or use the PC keyboard as control panel.

There are a lot of changes to the user interface in fact there are two user interfaces now.

The old interface with a display of the keyboard can now be adjusted to the actual size of your keyboard.

In the userinterface menu you can select the PC keyboard window as an alternative user interface. You might want to do that if:

1. You don't have a midi keyboard connected. You can play melody, chords and variations on the PC keyboard.
2. You have a very small keyboard like the Prodikeys. Play chords and variations on the PC keyboard.
3. You don't want to use your synth keys for anything else but melody and chords. Do other operations on the PC keyboard
4. If you want to start a group performance. E.g. one plays melody on the synth, another chords on the PC keyboard and the third does the variation triggers with the mouse.

There is a new chord fingering available: Fingered on bass. The lowest chord key played will be the bass key. Use this for slash chords and bass runs.

Regards,

Jos Maas

[This message has been edited by Jos Maas (edited 04-10-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Jos Maas (edited 04-10-2003).]

#143189 - 04/10/03 08:15 AM Re: One Man Band version 4.0
STAM Offline

Loc: Brussels, BELGIUM
Hi Jos,
The pc arranger concept interest me but I would have some clarifications.

-Can I program my own styles using omb?
-Can I use omb with a synth, a Korg Karma for example, for the style parts and at the same time use the same synth to play melodies (right hand)?
-Is the chord recognition possible playing the synth (left hand)?
-Can you program "one touch settings" or "performances" like Korg or yamaha?
-Is it working on a laptop?

Thanks in advance for your help and sorry for all those questions but this concept is totally new for me and I need some help to understand it.

#143190 - 04/10/03 08:39 AM Re: One Man Band version 4.0
Jos Maas Offline

Hi Stam,

Quote:
Originally posted by STAM:
Hi Jos,
The pc arranger concept interest me but I would have some clarifications.

-Can I program my own styles using omb?
jm: Yes you can edit and record tracks or load a midi file.
-Can I use omb with a synth, a Korg Karma for example, for the style parts and at the same time use the same synth to play melodies (right hand)?
jm: Yes, but it must be XG or GM compatible. I'm working on a solution for non-GM synths.
-Is the chord recognition possible playing the synth (left hand)?
jm: Yes, single finger, full fingered or finger on bass (bass runs and slash chords).
-Can you program "one touch settings" or "performances" like Korg or yamaha?
jm: You can define 48 multivoices and you can save all the setting (style, multivoice, tempo etc.) in a song file. If you give this file the name of the song that it is meant for, then you can make a large collection that is easy accessible.
-Is it working on a laptop?
jm: Yes.

Thanks in advance for your help and sorry for all those questions but this concept is totally new for me and I need some help to understand it.

jm: The concept is that it should offer anything that a hardware arranger keyboard offers. If you find anything is left out, then let me know.

JM

#143191 - 04/10/03 09:58 AM Re: One Man Band version 4.0
Beakybird Offline

Let me get this straight. Could this be used with a hand-held computer like a Palm? Could I use the buttons on the Palm to activate the variations on a style?

Beakybird

#143192 - 04/10/03 11:22 AM Re: One Man Band version 4.0
Jos Maas Offline

It runs on a PC with Windows 95 and higher. I don't think your hand held PALM runs Windows 95/98/2000/XP. But if you can run Cakewalk and BIAB on your gear then OMB will fit in too.

JM

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online