SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#142821 - 10/02/05 08:33 AM Wow! Another cool Tyros2 Feature Discovered !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I just discovered that Tyros2 includes 'text file' display. This supports displaying 'multi-paged' lyrics on the keyboard's LCD display screen. To move from page to page, you simply press one of the 'TAB' buttons at the top right of the LCD screen, or assign page turn function to the remote footpedal controller.

T1 only supports Bitmap image file display. Text File display now makes lyrics entry & display on the Tyros far more convenient. Simply type lyrics on your PC in .txt format and load the .txt file into T2. Perhaps Heike (who has actually tested this out on the T2 he auditioned) can provide more info on this.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 10-02-2005).]

#142822 - 10/02/05 08:52 AM Re: Wow! Another cool Tyros2 Feature Discovered !
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Several of the great innovations of the T2, including this one, have been standard on the SD1 for several years. On the SD1 and Midjay you can play the song using a style and manually scroll the lyrics while in record mode. Then you save it and the next time you play it the lyrics scroll automatically--no need to use the foot switch.
This makes me appreciate Ketron even more, and as you suggested in another thread, I look forward to seeing their next offering, if it ever comes!
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 10-02-2005).]

#142823 - 10/02/05 09:07 AM Re: Wow! Another cool Tyros2 Feature Discovered !
Dnj Offline

One of the pain in the butt things that urks me with the 3k & I think tyros I is the NON ability to be playing in arranger mode and then switch to SMF mode for the next song....BUT THE SMF ONG REMAINS IN THE KEY OF THE LAST REGISTRATION .....YOU HAVE TO HIT THE DIRECT BUTTON THEN THE TEMPO BUTTON TO BRING UP ANOTHER WINDOW >>>>THEN SWITCH FROM KEYBOARD TO SONG>>>>>THEN USE THE KEY CHANGE BUITTON TO BRING THE SONG BACK TO "0"
SO IT WILL PLAY IN THE INTENDED KEY>>>>>.THEN YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER TO SWITCH BACK TO THE KEYBOARD MODE TO PLAY ARRANGER AGAIN.....ARGGGGGGGG!
Althiough I play a 3k live on stage and love most of its operation and sound.......I will be looking at a ketron Midjay/Controller setup in th future, possibly gonna take a ride down south to vit my bud Prince AJ for a demo soon.......just to satisfy my curiosity about this set up.....in a real live situation.

carry on

#142824 - 10/02/05 02:57 PM Re: Wow! Another cool Tyros2 Feature Discovered !
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Like was mentioned here in a different thread, the G-70 can also do this, PLUS sync up to a midifile, even better IMO.

#142825 - 10/02/05 03:52 PM Re: Wow! Another cool Tyros2 Feature Discovered !
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Donny...
You can avoid all that SMF hassle on the 3k simply by saving your SMF and any other related settings you use with it to a registration. It will remember everything from turning the Accomp on/off to setting the volume of SONG.
Eddie

#142826 - 10/04/05 03:49 AM Re: Wow! Another cool Tyros2 Feature Discovered !
Booby Offline

Hi Scott,

FYI this feature is also available in Pa1X, so at the end only Yam was missing it ...

:-)

Cheers.

#142827 - 10/04/05 08:11 AM Re: Wow! Another cool Tyros2 Feature Discovered !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Booby:
FYI this feature is also available in Pa1X, so at the end only Yam was missing it

It appears Yamaha was the last remaining major arranger keyboard manufacterer to finally implement this. Better late than never I suppose.

This reminds me of the 'rootless chord' issue, in which jazz style 'chord voicing' recognition was only included on Technics & Yamaha arrangers. Thankfully :0 , Ketron (SD1) and Korg (PA1X) have BOTH now come onboard to support this important chord voicing type. Now I'm just waiting to find out when Roland and General Music will finally include this as well.

Scott

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online