SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#14280 - 01/31/03 12:52 PM EPS battery replacement
digitaldave Offline

Loc: Victorville, CA USA
Can someone who has done this give me some genearl info on replacing the battery? Like, where is it, what type. I am comfortable on pc boards, just want some direction b4 opening it up.

Thanks
Dave

#14281 - 01/31/03 10:59 PM Re: EPS battery replacement
djboomstick Offline

Loc: newyork
just open it up , you cant miss it.
very easy to find.

#14282 - 02/02/03 12:55 PM Re: EPS battery replacement
digitaldave Offline

Loc: Victorville, CA USA
OK, I opened it, I see no battery. I assume<> I am looking for a "watch" or "coin" type (cr2032??) battery soldered to the main board... I see nothing on the main board. Do I need to look elsewhere, and just where. It would be helpful to know where to look...
Thanks
Dave

#14283 - 02/02/03 11:28 PM Re: EPS battery replacement
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
I seem to remember the EPS needing to load it's OS from a disk when you turn it on , much like the Mirage sampler . If it does , there is no battery , no need for one . Since the EPS retains nothing after it's turned of , there is no need for a battery . As far as I can remember , I had a mirage , but it's been a long time since I dealt with an EPS . The Mirage , Emulator , Emulator II all had to load it's OS everytime it was turned on , they had no batteries . If the EPS functions the same way , it also has no need for a battery .

#14284 - 02/14/03 06:46 PM Re: EPS battery replacement
WDM Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by digitaldave:
Can someone who has done this give me some genearl info on replacing the battery? Like, where is it, what type. I am comfortable on pc boards, just want some direction b4 opening it up.

Thanks
Dave

Hello Dave,

My name is Dave as well. I was in charge of international sales and service for ENSONIQ Corp. The EPS does not have a battery or lithium cell. As pointed out in another post, the EPS, ASR and Mirage do not have battery backed RAM. There was an EPS Turbo model that had 2MB's of Flash Memory, but being Flash, it did not require a battery either.
Any global system settings that you require must be saved to disk.

Have fun with your EPS,

Dave

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online