SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#142688 - 10/29/05 04:01 PM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
There's so many people on here spitting feathers, I thought some had already caught the bird flu .

#142689 - 10/29/05 04:07 PM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I've shown the Tyros 2 today to some of the best players I have coming into my store and all they can say is......How Much? Everyone loves it!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#142690 - 10/29/05 04:32 PM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
PLEASE FELLOWS....I just returned and boy have I missed a lot....let us all just step back, take a deep breath and remember that we are all family here and should respect everyone's opinion.....
Tony Rome

#142691 - 10/29/05 04:43 PM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
Roel Offline

What counts here : The Tyros 2 is worth EVERY PENNY !!

btw Some people are complaining about the GM mode drums ? .... What is the use of an extra octave for people that use SMF's while 'playing' ?

It would be a waste of money/technology to purchase a T2 for SMF's because the power of T2 is styles/sounds of an very high level.

George:
At the demo-session at my dealer saturday, the same questions popped up : WOW.... I want it...what's the price ?

#142692 - 10/29/05 04:44 PM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I don't think everyone is getting to each other. I think Scott and Fran are goading each other into arguments because A) Scott is a Tyros evangelist B) Fran wants to be, but won't go over to the dark side. Thus, we have antagonism by both of these otherwise splendid individuals.

Boy, what the hell are we going to do if someone else decides to come out with a new killer keyboard? Oye Vey!

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#142693 - 10/29/05 05:10 PM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Keyboard arsenal of Synthzone member that just hit the lottery.............
(In no particular order)
PA1X pro
Tyros 2
G70
MidJay
Ketron
SD1
Kn7000
PSR3000
PA80, PA50
G1000
G800
OMB + A30,A33,A70,A90,CME,Fatar,etc.
WK3700
etc., etc.

chas

#142694 - 10/29/05 05:40 PM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:

Please Yamaha............make a 76 key model. Actually, I had 2 marketing managers from the US and 2 from Japan in my store this week and had an opportunity to ask for a 76 note model and also discussed future models to be developed. I'm excited that they took lots of notes and listened to everything I had to offer up. A PSR3000 with 76 keys is another keyboard I talked up alot.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California

Thank you George for talking to the Yamaha Reps and nudging them to consider making a 76 note Tyros2. A PSR 3000 76 note Board would be a God send also for those wanting 76 keys but not necessarily all the bells and whistles that the Tyros2 has plus its higher price tag.

You have the power George! Or at least a hefty amount of influence when it comes to bartering with Yamaha's elite.

I do hope they consider your suggestions.

Another thing everyone on the Forum is curious about is the amount of WAV ROM in the Tyros2; except those who have already purchased the Tyros2 site unseen apparently. Some have said 300Mb but there is nothing in concrete yet, even on Yamaha's numerous worldwide web sites.

George I know you can pull this one off. Please inform the troops how much ammunition the Tyros2 really has when you get confirmation.

Thanks again George for your thoughtful and as always unbiased opinions on various new Keyboards that traverse your Store that you have the pleasure of playing firsthand before most of us can.

Best regards,
Mike

#142695 - 10/29/05 06:19 PM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
miker Offline

Loc: uk
I've now had my Tyros 2 for a week and it's blown me away. However I must disagree with Roel that using it for SMFs is a waste. For live use I use SMFs for the most part and the superb sound quality and the ease with which I can change the original SMF to sound like a live band is stunning. I managed to make most of the edits I wanted to, without looking at the manual, it's very intuitive. One of the HUGE advantages for me is the ability to display chord symbols in the notation screen. This gives me an endless repertoire and means I can play along with /over songs I have never played before immediately. I use PSRUTI to derive the chords (although sometimes it gets it very wrong)and XF tools to correct the mistakes. Both programmes are free on the net. I only play out live about 6 times a year and there is no way I could remember all the songs I need to playing so infrequently. (My singing partner knows the words to about 300 songs and the tunes of probably 1000's - being able to display words on a monitor for him is also very helpful for requests)
etc.) The very accessable 'channel on/off' button means I can turn off the piano part or any other part I want to play' on the fly very easily. I have used Roland Keyboards for the last 20 years and this is massively more intuitive. I looked, played and listened to the G70 and the Tyros is superior in every way to my mind except the 76 keys. I get around this by using a Korg O1W pro as a second (lower) keyboard. By setting this to Global Transmit on Midi Ch1 it mirrors the Tyros and I can mix in some of the (still) superb sounds of this classic Korg. The front USB socket on the Tyros 2 is excellent and obviates the need for a hard drive unless your into audio recording. My 0.5GB stick (£30) has over a 1000 SMFs on it and still has over 400MB left!) As an arranger I found my Roland VA76 virtually unusable in comparison to the Tyros 2 and will now start concentrating again on this aspect of my playing because of the incredible quality of the backings - it's just so much fun!

#142696 - 10/30/05 01:06 AM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi George,
just out of interest, how does it compare in price to Tyros 1 when it first came out.
ie recomended retail price?

In Australia Tyros, 1 retailed for just over $7,000 AUD ( at that stage our dollar was only worth half of the USA dollar. Now it's gone up & is worth 3/4's of a dollar.

Just be interesting to see what they reail for here , and whether the rise of our dollar is reflected in the tyros 2 price.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by George Kaye:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#142697 - 10/31/05 05:12 PM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I'm sorry but I won't be able to give you the size of the wave rom. Yamaha is keeping this information to themselves for the time being. Because of their ability to compress their samples as most companys do and do it with such great results, they say the size in actual numbers, may not be understood by most and therefore this figure will not be given out. Needless to say, their sample library is quite good!
I suggested that with 1 GB of user sample memory, Yamaha could give their customers some pretty amazing additional sample sounds to load into the Tyros 2

George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online