SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#142655 - 02/03/02 01:03 PM Insurance
Anonymous
Unregistered

Although mentioned in Girl Scout thread, this deserves its own.

Couple of questions:
1. Among the pros here, who has Liability Insurance?

2. Have you ever had a claim?

3. Have you ever been hurt on a job?
If so, who was held responsible?

4. Has an audience member ever been hurt or tried to sue you for an injury due to your equipment, wires, etc.?

5. Have you ever been required to sign a waiver of liability in the event you were hurt on a job?

And on a related subject:

Do you have insurance for your equipment while it is being transported in YOUR vehicle or left sitting on a job overnight?

Eddie

#142656 - 02/03/02 02:51 PM Re: Insurance
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I've never carried liability insurance as an independent musician. I of course carried a lot when I owned a club, and used it twice (another story for another time).
I used to carry insurance on my equipment, but haven't in many years. I'm way ahead of the game, because I don't remember ever having a loss. Let's find something wooden to knock on!
DonM

#142657 - 02/03/02 08:23 PM Re: Insurance
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
AS I stated in another thread - I carry 2 million dollars in liability insurance. More and more country clubs and synagogs are requirng it, and even in the retirement homes - there are lots of "Hold Harmless" aggreements that need to be signed to release the house from blame in the event of injury. I've never filed a claim, but for $175 per year, it gets me into places that I would not be able to play without it.

#142658 - 02/04/02 06:03 AM Re: Insurance
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I have Liability for my Masonry Business and it is at times high risk. We work on scaffold hig off the ground sometimes with a forklift running around. Roofers dropping stuff overhead etc. And to me it is pretty cheap for what you get if something goes wrong.

I would think a club like the Lions and Nite Clubs in general would be responsible for stuff that happened on their premises especially if there's liqeur around.

Let's have more input on this subject as I'm getting closer to going out in the real world and gigging again.
Boo

#142659 - 02/05/02 07:25 AM Re: Insurance
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
As also addressed in another thread, gear used professionally is usually excluded from homeowners property. (Stuff stolen from your vehicle would be covered inder HO, not auto insurance.) You can purchase an endorsement to a HO policy to cover the professional gear, and when you consider the investment, it's well worth it.
t.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online