Topic Options
#142506 - 01/14/04 06:50 PM Re: My radio commercial for store mp3
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
Mike ,

Sometimes I don't get you .

Let me explain it in layman's terms for you Dan.

I gave you some suggestions to improve your radio spot, right?? Okay; then you came back and said that the spot has increased your business sales already to which I responded that my suggestions weren't necessarily needed after all. Your sales have increased so apparently what your doing is good - 'right', ie., a step in the right direction. I suggested that if the tune was "even catchier" then sales might be "even better". If you want to still take my suggestions to heart (do them) then GREAT!

But all I was trying to say Dan is that improving the 'professional' aspect of the radio spot, ie., making it better (catchier tune, etc.) could possibly increase your business sales substantially (a great deal more than the increase you've seen already). But since sales have increased some already through the original spot - you're indeed doing something right, right?? I'm just trying to give you some suggestions to help your sales even further.

Best regards,
Mike

#142507 - 01/14/04 07:38 PM Re: My radio commercial for store mp3
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Hey Dan, your new clever & catchy radio spot will definitely appeal to the alternative rock radio audience. The driving beat & your super fast talking announcer style makes it rather difficut to make out a lot of the announcer's (you?) words though. I have to also agree with Donny that the audio sounds kinda distorted. Sounds like you're on speed dude, but I suspect some of the radio listening audience may be used to this.

Ok, if I'm ever in Baltimore, I'll be sure to stop by Keyboard City, because, as the announcer stated: "you can see it from the Beltway!"

Scott

Thanks Scott . I wasn't on speed . And yes...."you can see it from the beltway" .

#142508 - 01/15/04 06:06 AM Re: My radio commercial for store mp3
trtjazz Offline

DanO
FWIW...good spot and I think would appeal to the younger guitar/workstation crowd, but not the older arranger crowd, which could be what you intended with this ad.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#142509 - 01/15/04 06:12 AM Re: My radio commercial for store mp3
Dnj Offline

I agree with Terry....

Maybe a more General Audience approach would work nicely targeting a wider appeal. Only sales will tell between the two styles in your area.

Jam On

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-15-2004).]

#142510 - 01/15/04 08:13 AM Re: My radio commercial for store mp3
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by trtjazz:
DanO
FWIW...good spot and I think would appeal to the younger guitar/workstation crowd, but not the older arranger crowd, which could be what you intended with this ad.
Terry

The demographics for this radio station are listener's 15 to 40 yrs old. The station is alternative rock.....Blink 182 , POD etc.... If I did one for this crowd , I'd do a bossanova in the background. If it didn't go over well ,I could always blame it on the bossanova .

To Mike,

Quote :
"Nice radio spot. The music is groovin' your talking it energetic BUT - "make your way to Keyboard City", etc. (the singing parts) are a little blasé and too mono tone IMO. It needs more variation. Actually it needs a different 'structure', ie., a different sound to it. In other words, you need a new melody to go with your pumped up talk in your commercial spot and groovin background sound. The 'words' "Make your way to Keyboard City", etc. are fine but the song structure and melody need more pizazz and variation and a different sound IMHO. Just my thoughts. I did like it, I really did. But I just wanted to express how I felt it could be improved upon."

Your basically telling me to change the whole structure ,melody,sound ,variations and add more pizaaz, without knowing the exact demographics of the radio station . That's what's confusing .

"Make your way to keyboard city" is about 8 seconds long and was sliced at the radio station to fit the 60 second spot . I was not thinking beauty ,mastering ,mixing and adding variations. I had a deadline to meet and had the flu during production.

Maybe my confusuion comes from not knowing you well enough or your background .Maybe I read to deeply into your comments ?

Best regards to everyone .

Dan O'

------------------
Technics,Ketron Yamaha Casio arranger keyboards .
www.keyboardcity.net
1-866-348-8876

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online