Quote:
Originally posted by trtjazz:
DanO
FWIW...good spot and I think would appeal to the younger guitar/workstation crowd, but not the older arranger crowd, which could be what you intended with this ad.
Terry

The demographics for this radio station are listener's 15 to 40 yrs old. The station is alternative rock.....Blink 182 , POD etc.... If I did one for this crowd , I'd do a bossanova in the background. If it didn't go over well ,I could always blame it on the bossanova .

To Mike,

Quote :
"Nice radio spot. The music is groovin' your talking it energetic BUT - "make your way to Keyboard City", etc. (the singing parts) are a little blasé and too mono tone IMO. It needs more variation. Actually it needs a different 'structure', ie., a different sound to it. In other words, you need a new melody to go with your pumped up talk in your commercial spot and groovin background sound. The 'words' "Make your way to Keyboard City", etc. are fine but the song structure and melody need more pizazz and variation and a different sound IMHO. Just my thoughts. I did like it, I really did. But I just wanted to express how I felt it could be improved upon."

Your basically telling me to change the whole structure ,melody,sound ,variations and add more pizaaz, without knowing the exact demographics of the radio station . That's what's confusing .

"Make your way to keyboard city" is about 8 seconds long and was sliced at the radio station to fit the 60 second spot . I was not thinking beauty ,mastering ,mixing and adding variations. I had a deadline to meet and had the flu during production.

Maybe my confusuion comes from not knowing you well enough or your background .Maybe I read to deeply into your comments ?

Best regards to everyone .

Dan O'

------------------
Technics,Ketron Yamaha Casio arranger keyboards .
www.keyboardcity.net
1-866-348-8876