SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#142300 - 03/24/05 01:06 PM New TYROS Owner...
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
I am happy to say taht as of 5PM I will be the proud new owner of the Rolls Royce of K/B
in the Yamaha family. I bought it preowned with very "low milage" only used in a studio
by a very wonderful person named Mitch Irish
from Appelton Wic....I should have it in my hands by May unless I can figure a way to get it to Mexico before hand.....I am thrillled at the thought that it's mine...
again, Thanks to Mitch Irish and the Irish
Studios that make Jingles and Adds for the general public..Mitch, your the best....

#142301 - 03/24/05 02:13 PM Re: New TYROS Owner...
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Tony,
Trust me you will love the Tyros! It is an excellent keyboard imho. There is not much out there to beat it at the mo!
It will be agony waiting until May (well it would be for me!) so I hope you find a way to get it sooner
Best wishes
Tony

#142302 - 03/24/05 04:15 PM Re: New TYROS Owner...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony,

Sounds like you're gonna' have lots of fun in the next few weeks.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#142303 - 03/24/05 06:03 PM Re: New TYROS Owner...
Tony Rome Offline

Thanks Guys....I can't wait to get my hands on it....I'm now shopping for the speaker system for it as well as a hard drive....anyone with suggestions?????

#142304 - 03/25/05 05:51 AM Re: New TYROS Owner...
Ron Pierce Offline

Loc: Fort Myers, FL USA
Tony,
Congrats on the new Tyros. BananaPC has a 40 gig notebook harddrive for $67. The Hitachi Travelstar 4K40 series is a 9.5mm high, 4200 RPM, 2.5-inch mobile hard disk drive. They offer free shipping, although I'm not sure that includes to Mexico. Here's the link to the site: http://www.bananapc.com/products/product...g=40832439&Op=2

I've ordered from them before and had good luck.
Ron

#142305 - 03/25/05 08:01 AM Re: New TYROS Owner...
Tony Rome Offline

Thanks Ron....will this work with the Tyros?
I thought that itt had to be a special hard drive from Yamaha to be able to fit...I don't have the Tyros in my hands yet so I can't confirm the size needed or how it connects....thank you....

#142306 - 03/25/05 08:36 AM Re: New TYROS Owner...
Ron Pierce Offline

Loc: Fort Myers, FL USA
Tony,
I'm pretty sure it will work. Somewhere I had the specs required by the Tyros, but can't locate them right now. I also noticed that BananaPC.com also has the 128 mb Smart Media card for $20. I bought one a couple of months ago from them and it works fine. I'm thinking about ordering another at that price and free shipping again. Look here: http://www.bananapc.com/products/product...g=33120606&Op=2
Ron

[This message has been edited by Ron Pierce (edited 03-25-2005).]

#142307 - 03/25/05 08:42 AM Re: New TYROS Owner...
Tony Rome Offline

Ron....I didn't think that you coud use the smart media card with the Tyros...however,
I use them on my PSR3000 and I bought 4 off of E-Bay and averaged $11.00 apeice, you can go and check it out and use combined shipping http://search.ebay.com/smart-card-memory_W0QQsojsZ1QQfromZR40...thanks again for the info....
Tony

#142308 - 03/25/05 08:53 AM Re: New TYROS Owner...
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Tony, congratulations on getting a Tyros.

I've got the TravelStar 20Gb installed in my Tyros and it's been working flawlessly for over 2 years. As far as external PA speakers, I only STRESS that you go out stereo, and not mix-down to a single mono speaker output. Many of Yamaha's sounds (especially acoustic Grand Piano) rely on stereo imaging, and will sound TERRIBLE (tinny thin) if you attempt to mix it down to mono. For a compact one piece PA package which has 2 speakers (stereos) built in I recommend Motion Sound Keypro amps:
http://www.motion-sound.com/keypro_amps.htm

I own the KP-100S and have been very satified with its performance for smaller rooms.

I'm not sure if/when Tyros2 is being released, but I hope you get yours well before then, because I assume once 2 hits the streets, Tyros1 prices will drop dramatically.

As one of the very first (perhaps 'the 1st') Tyros owners on SZ, I find it interesting how popular this keyboard remains, especially because when I purchased mine (Nov 2003) there was a lot of negative bashing going on here about it by several SZ members. I've loved my Tyros since the day I purchased it, but felt beseiged with negative comments by some here for purchasing this keyboard, calling it a 'mute' slab with cheesily constructed small (toy) keys. It appears 2-1/2 years later, I've proved them wrong, as I continue to really enjoy playing my Tyros. My Tyros continues to deliver performance satisfaction.

Tony, I'm confident you're going to really enjoy your Tyros too.

Scott

#142309 - 03/25/05 09:21 AM Re: New TYROS Owner...
Tony Rome Offline

Scott....Thank you very much for your support
and the info on the speaker system, I'll check it out....yea, man I can't wait to get my hands on the Tyros...I have now purchased
3 new keyboards within the last 4 months...
where do I go from here???? I still have to do some research on the hard drive....I don't want to jump without checking....again,
thanks to all for the support and information
very helpfull...also, Scott I'm glad you are feeling better....
Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online