SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#141890 - 03/05/02 03:16 PM PSR2000 Files, Folders, Storage-At Limit?
RicRob Offline

Loc: Bethlehem, PA, USA
I've had success (finally) in storing user styles, user voices, songs, registration memories (have not used music finder storage yet). Tried to store another user voice and got "drive is full".
Assume this means no other storage of any type is possible. I have never used the so called "folder" option basically because I can't figure out what it's purpose is and how to use it. However I was now wondering if the fact I don't use this feature is the reason I can't store more user items.
Currently have the following stored:
3 Songs
2 User Voices
13 User Styles
56 Registration memories.
Perhaps this is a lot more storage than I realize?
Comments appreciated - Thanks

#141891 - 03/05/02 04:19 PM Re: PSR2000 Files, Folders, Storage-At Limit?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Ric,
Sounds like you hit the 2000's storage limit (unfortunately VERY limited (1 mb). Unfortunately the folder option will not help you gain more storage space. In fact, it will actually reduce it because the folder itself takes up space. I recommend storing all but just a few of your top favorite (often used) styles, songs, and registsrations in the 2000 itself, but instead, store them on floppy diskette and load them only as you need them. This is not so bad because the load time (from floppy) is so fast (less than 2 seconds).

- Scott

btw: The folder option allows you to orgainize your files in heirachial structure in the same way you can organize files on your PC. Main directory>sub directories, etc. You can create multiple levels of folders (folders within a foler etc).

#141892 - 03/05/02 05:03 PM Re: PSR2000 Files, Folders, Storage-At Limit?
RicRob Offline

Loc: Bethlehem, PA, USA
Hi Scott
Thanks for the response - thought that might be the answer.
On another note, since you also have the same kb's I do - was wondering if you ever hooked them up via midi?

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online