George,

I am one of the folks in this forum who have seen note dropouts on a 64-note polyphonic G1000, and therefore the question of polyphony is more of the concern to me than to many other members here, who do not experience drop-offs.

I have read in the promotional literature for the Fantom X-series that Fantom X has TRUE 128-note polypony - each tone played, no matter how comples, only takes up one note of polyphony (unless the user layers the tones explicitly).

Can you enquire with Roland whether the G-70 will use the same tone generator, with the 128 number indicating true polyphony?

I agree with earlier posts that Roland's handling of polyphony is much better than Yamaha's, which uses 4 notes of polyphony for a single instance of their better sounds (and can use up to 8)- the G-1000 and VA- series use 2 notes, plus Rolnd allocation techniques are better. Therefore, I don't think that 128 voice polyphony of the G-70 is going to be a problem. However, it the polyphony count was TRUE polyphony, this would be a first in the arranger market, and give me bigger comfort margin.

Thank you,
Alex