SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#141811 - 03/25/05 11:09 PM Transpose midi songs
Matteo Offline

Loc: Croatia
Hello ewerybody!
I'm constantly read this forum and I learn a lot!

I have PSR1500.When I transpose midi song,and balance some channels ,how I save that? I can't find nothing in manual.

I am new with this,please help and thanks!!

#141812 - 03/26/05 02:44 AM Re: Transpose midi songs
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I find it more difficult to do editing on any keyboard. This program is about the best for the money. http://www.pgmusic.com/powertracks.htm

Bernie

#141813 - 03/26/05 03:46 AM Re: Transpose midi songs
Matteo Offline

Loc: Croatia
Thanks a lot Bernie!

#141814 - 03/26/05 04:13 AM Re: Transpose midi songs
Michael P. Bedesem Offline

Loc: Shrewsbury, VT
How to change voices, volumes, etc in a recorded midi on the PSR

The following is true for Midi Type 0 songs only. Midi Type 1 files (commercial files are often of this type) will load and play, but cannot be edited. You must convert the midi to type 0 first. One easy way of doing this is to load the midi and then, in Song Creator, save it to a new file name.

The Mixing Console in Tyros can be used to change voices, effects etc of a midi file that is loaded (via depressing the Song button and then selecting a song) for playback, but it does not store any of these changes in the song itself.

To save the changes, you have to open the song in Song Creator (load for playback then DigitalRecording/Song Creator), depress Next to the Channel Tab, and button B to the fifth item, Setup. There you will see a list of items that can be recorded to the song any time that you depress the Execute button that is shown on the screen.

First, make sure that Voices, effects, etc are all checked, and then, while still in Song Creator, depress the Mixing Console button and make your changes. Depress TOP in the Song control area to ensure that the midi is at the beginning. Then use the Exit button to ‘back out’ of Mixing Console and return to Song Creator. Now depress the Execute button, and it should tell you that it is recording your changes.

Depress Save to save the edited song.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online