SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#14174 - 11/24/98 02:08 PM Ensoniq ASR X (Pro) vs Akai MPC2000
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

I want to buy a groove box, and I am really interested in the ASR X pro with its Stomper synth section and its very phat sounds. But I want to know if the user interface of the ASR X (Pro) is also powerfull than the Akai's.
On the one hand I want to have flexibility to remix and rearrange sequences quickly and intuitively using sampling of several patterns of the sequence.
And on the other hand I know that in Akai MPC2000 there is one feature really interresting in. You have one mode to do a repetition of a single note at a given quantization (chosen in the main menu)when you hold on a pad. This feature is really powerfull to make Hiphop or jungle music.
So, is this feature exists in the ASR X Pro?
If not, what can I do to emulate this feature (without using resampling)?
Musicians, what do you prefer between ASR X and Akai MPC2000?

#14175 - 11/28/98 09:13 AM Re: Ensoniq ASR X (Pro) vs Akai MPC2000
Anonymous
Unregistered

Definately do NOT get the ASR-X Pro, its' timing is not tight enough to make good complex tracks.
Akai MPC2000 definately performs better.

#14176 - 12/01/98 07:39 AM Re: Ensoniq ASR X (Pro) vs Akai MPC2000
Buffy Offline

Loc: Joburg, Gauteng, South Africa
If you plan to use a PC based sequencer like Cakewalk or Cubase then I suggest you go for the X, it is a killer sampler.

Its only fault is its onbaord sequencer which I must admit is crappy! Ensoniq actually state that all the sequencer should be used for is to create a groove and thereafter transfer it to you PC sequencer for beefing up.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online