SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#141624 - 12/21/04 06:31 PM Arranger Keyboard/Artists Demo Disk
Joe Waters Offline

Loc: Sterling, VA USA
Before this recent interruption in the PSR Tutorial, I was putting together an Arranger Artists Demo page that had an MP3 demo from each of a variety of different artists and keyboards with links to the artist's website if one existed. I was in the process of sending out notes to see if players wanted to be included on the page.

Of course, MP3 are big files and take awhile to download, particularly over dialup connections. In preparation for an Apple iPod from Santa, I've been putting all my CDs on my hard drive and also collecting MP3s produced on an arranger keyboard, mostly, of course, Yamaha, but others as well. In the process the thought struck me that a Demo CD-ROM filled with MP3 demos might be of interest to a lot of players. So I was also working on that. If anyone here would like to be included in the online page, or the CD-ROM collection, do let me know. The more the merrier.

With the site cleanup underway and Christmas almost here, this project may be delayed a bit, but I think it would be worthwhile.

#141625 - 12/21/04 07:27 PM Re: Arranger Keyboard/Artists Demo Disk
tigerfool Offline

Loc: kingston, RI USA
Good move, Joe. I wish I could produce some MP3.

#141626 - 12/21/04 11:32 PM Re: Arranger Keyboard/Artists Demo Disk
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Waters:
In preparation for an Apple iPod from Santa, I've been putting all my CDs on my hard drive and also collecting MP3s produced on an arranger keyboard

Joe, I know you're gonna love your new iPod. I just upgraded (from the 40GB) to the new 60GB 'photo iPod' and LOVE it to death. I use it to store my complete music CD library as well as MP3's which include all the essential Pop music of the 20th Century. I was able to copy/paste album art or actual pic of the artists of each song, so now I'm able to view see a pic of the performing artists as well. I also use my iPod to store & play songs recorded by Synthzone member friends as well. Now I can not only enjoy SZ member music, but get to see their mug as well. In addition, I use my iPod for background music during gig breaks. My iPod has opened the door to many possiblities of which I have yet to explore as well.

In the meantime, checkout this great iPod site: http://ipodlounge.com/

Happy holidays,

Scott

PS: You're welcome to include my MP3 demos on your upcoming Demo CD-ROM if you like. Let me know and I'll provide you higher quality (better sounding) 192kbps bit rate versions. btw: I recommend that you rip MP3s for your iPod at 192 or greater. I personally recommend sticking with MP3 and not using Apples's proprietary format. I HIGHLY recommend ripping using EAC: http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/ This utilizes the LAME encoder, the best sound qualtiy encoder available and EAC provides the best ripping CONTROL & Management to ensure preserving as much from the original CD source as possible.

#141627 - 12/22/04 07:21 PM Re: Arranger Keyboard/Artists Demo Disk
Joe Waters Offline

Loc: Sterling, VA USA
Thanks, Scott. I've downloaded the MP3s from your site, but if you have a higher quality you'd like me to use, do send the CD. I ripped quite a few of my CDs before I discovered that I couldn't create an MP3 CD if the songs were stored in Apple's proprietary format. I then discovered I could, indeed, rip them in an MP3 format. I was using the 160, but I'll try the 192. I'm not sure if my old ears will be able to hear the difference! I am looking forward to being able to have all that music available in such a small package. I'll try the EAC you recommend, but now I'm going to check out that ipodlounge.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online