Hello all.

Tyros Manual (PDF) now available in:
http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/emi/english/port/TYROSE1.PDF

Regards,
Chico

#141431 - 09/11/02 07:56 AM Re: Tyros Manual
kingjoey Offline

Loc: Everett, MA, USA
Thank you chico, this is very exciting! Just another step closer to experiencing the TYROS in my own home!

Also, thank you to all of you who make this forum a welcome place for all those interested in the wonder and marvel that music provides. We are of a select few gifted individuals, and never take for granted the talent bestowed upon us. Wishing you all the greatest of love, unity, and spirit on this day of rememberance.

-Joey

#141432 - 09/11/02 08:16 AM Re: Tyros Manual
trtjazz Offline

Chico,
Thanks alot excellent to have a look at this!
jam on,
Terry

#141433 - 09/11/02 10:08 AM Re: Tyros Manual
Shakil Offline

New Features:
Mixer section:
A Master Compressor

MEGA Voices: These voices are not meant to be PLAYED by you on the keyboard. They are meant to be used in a song or style and played from a sequence.

Other than that........ it's same old stuff.

No drum kit editing, no sampling, no detailed voice editing, same stupid sequencer. Same dance drums.

#141434 - 09/11/02 10:52 AM Re: Tyros Manual
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
I have some doubts.
My friend 9000Pro doesn't go away very soon...
I am waiting for a full contact with Tyros.
Chico

[This message has been edited by ChicoBrasil (edited 09-11-2002).]

#141435 - 09/11/02 05:07 PM Re: Tyros Manual
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Shakil and Chico,
You know I don't work for Yamaha and I don't want to sound like I do work for Yamaha however when I read your posts regarding what you see in the manual I had to call my friend at Yamaha and get more detailed information for you and everyone else.
First, I haven't read the manual yet so I can't comment on what you read, but I did talk to the product manager for Yamaha PSR keyboards and got some very different answers than you are apparantly reading in the downloaded manual.
Mega voices are available to play as seperate sounds although there is much to understand about "Mega" voices. If you go to the Guitar Catagory and page up to page 5 and 6, all the Mega guitar voices are available to select and play as a right hand sound, use in a style or use in a song. Here's what is important to know.......The mega voices may have many samples in the sound and Yamaha states that these sounds can be very hard to play or control until you realize how the sounds react to velocity and other controllers. When used in the style, these voices have been optimized to perform exactly the way the designers intended them to react while playing chords. Because of this, Yamaha has also taken many of the Mega voices and re-worked them into other Guitar "panel" voices. An example would be in the Guitar catagory page 1 there is a sound called "dyna steel". This is a sounds made from two of the Mega voice samples. The initial note is the guitar sound and the harder dynamic is the guitar moving across the frets. This was done to make it easier to play the voice and not find the difficulty you might experience is you tried to play the complete mega voice.
Next, Yamaha is supplying with the TYROS I very complete sound editing software program to use through the USB port. There is simple editing in the keyboard, but the sophisticated editing will be done through software.
You are correct there is no sampling, and I mentioned this in my first report and so many of my middle eastern customers will be quite dissappointed unless they just want to use the arabic drum kit provided and make their own user styles, but for sounds, you want find a good library of middle eastern instruments on the TYROS.
As to the comment on the Dance Kit, I'd have to ask if you've heard it yet? The reason is because Yamaha has newly sampled most of the sounds in the TYROS and it is possible that you won't think it is the same Dance Kit you've heard in the 9000 series. This I am not certain of, but in speaking to my friend at Yamaha he again wants customers to know that with 96 MB instead of the 32MB in the PSR9000, wait till you hear it before you judge the sounds. In a post yesterday I said that just because you call a sound "harmonica" in one model, it doesn't mean it will be the same sounding "harmonica" in another model.
Somebody called me today and wanted to know about the memory and organization in the TYROS compared to the 9000 series.
The TYROS works more like the PSR2000 in it's operating system. You have 300 preset styles and then you have 3.3MB of internal memory which can be distributed between styles, songs, registrations memories, etc. The PSR2000 had 540KB of memory so you can see TYROS has much more memory. Then, you have your floppy or Hard Drive area which allows you to call up and play styles and songs direct from the disk drives.
I hope all this information helps clarify some of the issues being discussed.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California

[This message has been edited by George Kaye (edited 09-11-2002).]
(Retired 2021)

#141436 - 09/13/02 08:34 AM Re: Tyros Manual
Shakil Offline

George Kay

Thanks for your reply. If you read the manual, you will see what a MEGA VOICE is. It's NOT intended to be played live. You might get unexpected or undesireable sounds. Because how can you make sure that you always hit the key with same velocity?

Dance Drum Kit: I compared the Data Lists of PSR2000/PSR9000 and TYROS. they are same. And from history I know that whenever YAMAHA creates a new sample, they name the drum sample different. That's why I say, the dance drum kit is the same.
I could be wrong. Could you post a sample for dance drum kit, like the kicks and snares?

#141437 - 09/13/02 08:42 AM Re: Tyros Manual
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Shakil,
I don't have a TYROS to post a sample of it's sounds. I only had one at my store for a few hours several weeks ago. The information I post is from information I get in my conversations with product managers that work at Yamaha US. As I read these posts and see questions or opinions, I contact my friends at Yamaha to get answers to as many questions as I can.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#141438 - 09/13/02 09:25 AM Re: Tyros Manual
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Shakil,

I have to go with George on this one out of my own experience.
But you are right so far about the dance kit which hasn't change much in the past.
I had the Psr-8000 and now the 9000Pro.
The 8000 had 12MB and the Pro has 48MB sound.
Several of the guitar and flute sounds have the same name, but are completely different samples.
For example the Vintage Guitar in the 8000 is completely different from the 9000, even though they have the same name.

I'm a little amused to see some of the discussions about the Tyros on this board.
Except George, Dan and a couple of other people nobody has heard or seen the Tyros so far.
And yet I see a lot of opinions about the sound
Having followed discussions of new boards on this forum for over 2 years, it always turned out to be different at the end when the board hit the market and some people got to play it finally.

Some people are always positively suprised, whereas others will be disappointed.
Thats the way things are usually.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as excited as anybody on this board, but I found out that playing a board was always quite differnt than reading all the comments and specs.

Just my 2 1/2 cents worth (it went up do to inflation )

Eric

#141439 - 09/13/02 11:00 AM Re: Tyros Manual
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Well said, Eric
Chico

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online