SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#141292 - 01/20/07 11:23 AM Mediastation for Sale - new Lower price
jonesyboy Offline

MS X76 Pro for sale on ebay just reduced to £2,199 inc all accessories supplied and Giga sound banks...

Ebay link
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=120075168188&rd=1&rd=1

#141293 - 01/20/07 12:06 PM Re: Mediastation for Sale - new Lower price
Dnj Offline

May I ask what you didn't like or liked about this unit?

#141294 - 01/20/07 12:21 PM Re: Mediastation for Sale - new Lower price
jonesyboy Offline

Hi
I have said from the start really what i really think about the MS - That is very good B4 organ and Piano Giga sounds.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
May I ask what you didn't like or liked about this unit?

[This message has been edited by jonesyboy (edited 01-24-2007).]

#141295 - 01/20/07 12:35 PM Re: Mediastation for Sale - new Lower price
Dnj Offline

Marc sorry it didnt work out for you ...
I know the feeling all to well
I hope you find the perfect Kb for your needs down the road....stay well!

#141296 - 01/20/07 01:02 PM Re: Mediastation for Sale - new Lower price
jonesyboy Offline

Thanks - I have found an excellent KB now as I play the Roland E80 and the SD5 from Ketron - two really nice boards that suit my needs - anybody thinking of an SD5 would not be dissapointed - obviously not an open system but never the less a very fine keyboard with really good sounds and excellent styles...All the best!
Mark
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Marc sorry it didnt work out for you ...
I know the feeling all to well
I hope you find the perfect Kb for your needs down the road....stay well!

#141297 - 01/20/07 08:12 PM Re: Mediastation for Sale - new Lower price
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Hi, I think the story is a little different here...

I know Mark in person, i been there to visit him at home too, for some basic problems that Mark don'y have understand and made some hardware mistake..

Anyway, Mark is really a nice and smart person, nut his problem is the PC know how, both in Linux and Windows of course.

IF mark do not like the FREE GIGA sounds that we include in the Mediastation is another story, of course he have the totally Freedom to buy all what he like and install in the mediastation.

He buy the Vienna Strings orchestra and others GIG files, but he was not happy.
Of course, the original Vienna GIGA files are NOT programmed to play up to 88 note but just some octaves from each preset.
Each file preset include about 20-30 sounds preset and we have to choose what is the better sounds to use.
after you choose one sounds and play in the mediastation, you have to edit it that can play in the all 76 note OR you are able to play it just in 2-3 octave max.

for that I suggest Mark to buy the Giga studio editor but he is NOT able to use it and asked me a lot of time how the all gigastudio parameter are working.

For your know, I can help for what i can know, but my first work is support the Mediastation OS ONLY and NOT the all others sounds tools of 3th party, read again our terms: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/informat...12dbeab44c24bf8

Same problem happen when he like to install VST plugins, if you are not able how and where to install the VST plugins, the MS will not play it in realtime.
Here is the probe that Intakt VST is working too under MS: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/video/2006/intakt.wmv
same for Kontakt 2 and others....

After this, he was able to run WINSCP: http://www.winscp.com/

We use this windows tools for share the MS Linux HD under windows.
I shown him how to setup more time and he have used a lot, but after some days he forget again to save the setup and His IP preference and I continue lost Hours to teach him always the same stuff.

Anyway, this is not a problem for me, when I have time I can support 3th party software too, but this do not mean that I have to repeat to teach the same stuff forever.

I saw that Mark like a lot change keyboards like clotes or session... from PAX to Tyros 2 to MS X Pro to PA800 to E-80 and now to SD5... what is the next?

Mark please, this is not a blame or offence, is just my comments of what is happen with your story.
You stll and forever my best friend!
I will continue support you, dont worry.
Domenik

#141298 - 01/21/07 01:41 AM Re: Mediastation for Sale - new Lower price
jonesyboy Offline

Dominic,
Thanks for your post - I don't take offence but the story is going to be different -
Mark

#141299 - 01/21/07 02:27 AM Re: Mediastation for Sale - new Lower price
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Bottom line is thst when you buy the MS it comes basically as a shell or framework from which to build your customised arranger instrument. It simply is not complete in and of itself and unless you are experienced in editing sounds and all the associative technical know how in programming sounds and editing styles ,prospective customers are going to struggle with the MS.Plus they are gonna have to have deep pockets to utilise the great sounds that are available out there on the market.

There ought to be more comprehensive information about what it can and cannot do so that customers dont have to find out its limitation after they have purchased it.

#141300 - 01/21/07 02:30 AM Re: Mediastation for Sale - new Lower price
jonesyboy Offline

That just about sums it up perfectly...Great potential or a great instrument if you have the technical know how...

[This message has been edited by jonesyboy (edited 01-21-2007).]

[This message has been edited by jonesyboy (edited 01-25-2007).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online