SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#141267 - 09/01/04 06:55 PM Re: Mic's
Luis.Santos Offline

Loc: Portugal
Brickboo, about the "SSSSS"...

There one little solution to avoid those sibilance: try to position the mic not in front of your mouth but in the corner, when saying a word with "S". You'll notice the mic will "hear" your voice without those "S".

I hope I can help something!

Luis Santos

#141268 - 09/01/04 07:03 PM Re: Mic's
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Luis,

I naturally work a mic for low and high notes it comes natural but I will have to try your approach. But it doesn't seem to be a problem with the SM58.

#141269 - 09/01/04 09:15 PM Re: Mic's
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
That's because the 58 can't reproduce those higher frequencies clearly. If you like that dark sound - the 58 is a great choice, but the sizzle is all teh rage today ... even bass sounds are adding horns to bring out the highs. It adds definition and clarity and allows for better mix with less volume.
It's always about personal taste though, so you go ahead and use the 58 and I wish you the best. if I had to go back to one, I'd be hoarse by the second set.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online