SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#141112 - 03/21/03 07:44 PM Eddie Rocks!
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Last night I had the pleasure of visiting Eddie (betweengigs) in Stuart, Florida... and a pleasure it was. Eddie was in complete control as he entertained a very responsive crowd of ~ 200. The dance floor was filled, including myself, with the help of my redhead... not the most common occurance (my being on the dance floor).

One of the cool things Eddie does is to use a compact Nomad MP3 player for doo-wop backing tracks... sounds great! Mostly, tho, it's just Eddie and his 2000 live... nothing flashy, just good, solid entertainment, very smooth, very professional.

It was a great evening, including dinner and conversation with Eddie and Carol, inspiring entertainment, and a first time life experience of removing the "virtual" label from a fellow forum member! Thanks again, Eddie!

Glenn

#141113 - 03/21/03 08:27 PM Re: Eddie Rocks!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Wish I could have been there. Have a few friends in Stuart, the weather's fantastic this time of year, and above all, the fishing's outstanding. Jimmy Buffet said it best when he sang "I gotta's stop wishin', gotta' go fishin', down to rock bottom again..." I gotta get out of this place. Damn, that's another song.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#141114 - 03/23/03 07:55 AM Re: Eddie Rocks!
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Gary, next time you're in Stuart, catch Eddie's act... I'm sure you'll enjoy.

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Wish I could have been there. Have a few friends in Stuart

#141115 - 03/23/03 02:07 PM Re: Eddie Rocks!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
GlenT: Thanks for sharing your experience at Eddie's gig. It really brings us closer together to hear of the personal meetings between Synthzone members we've all known here for so long.

Eddie & Glen: I'd love to hear more about what songs Eddie performed that evening, and also how the show was paced. Eddie, was this a solo gig, or did you also feature your female vocalist? Do you perform mostly in arranger auto accompanimnet mode, or do you play using midi file backing tracks and/or Nomad MP3 backing tracks more? Thanks for providing more details. - Scott

#141116 - 03/23/03 09:07 PM Re: Eddie Rocks!
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
First of all... I appreciate the kind comments and Glenn's review. It was nice to meet one of our SZ brethren.

Secondly, Glenn caught me on a good night when I had a VERY receptive audience. Knowing Glenn and his lady were there was also impetus to try and do my best.

In answer to your question Scott, I try and tailor each job to the audience. This particular audience is one I am pretty familiar with and don't have to do a lot of fishing around to find the handle.

I recognized couples that like smooth latin, others that like waltzes, dixie, rock 'n roll, polka's, ballads, etc., etc. I mixed it up and threw in some line dancing which is always requested there.

And I always try to throw is some things I currently like which they may not be familiar with...which varies between all the genres.

I noticed Glenn got up and danced to a couple like: Unforgettable, YMCA, Old Time Rock & Roll, Blueberry Hill and a couple of others.

Rarely are everyone's eyes stagebound when I play, but I never looked at Glenn's table that I didn't see eyes staring back. It reminded me of me when I get the chance to go see another entertainer. I really appreciate the work it takes to do an entertaining job.

A lot of my jobs are private where I can not invite guests, but this was one of those occasions where I could, and was happy that Glenn could work it into his Florida vacation schedule.

I really wish I had the luxury of time and resources to visit other members on their jobs like Glenn did. Maybe someday.

Eddie

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online