SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#14069 - 09/01/99 09:23 PM Help with ASR-X problem
ILLiterate Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
Ever since I moved from TX to FL with my ASR, I've had a problem with it not booting up when I turn it on. I aksed a friend about it and we opened it up and sprayed out the dust with electronics cleaner. It worked for a few days and then the problem reoccurred. I tried to solve it the same way, but this time it didn't work. I have no idea what the problem is and I don't want to take it to get repaired unless I know for sure that it is something I can't fix myself. To give you an idea of what it's doing...when I turn it on, all the buttons that light up (yes, no, play, etc.) all light up at the same time and stay on. Also, the screen lights up and stays on, but it's blank. The beggining message never shows. It's as if half way thru booting up, it gets stuck and freezes. If anyone can help, please e-mail me at adelanoy@hotmail.com. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

#14070 - 09/02/99 06:31 AM Re: Help with ASR-X problem
buinu Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA USA
I had a TS that acted similarly and the problem was the main board (PCB not keyboard) was fried. If you haven't tried a hard reset you may want to attempt that first.

#14071 - 09/02/99 02:12 PM Re: Help with ASR-X problem
ILLiterate Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
how do you do a hard reset? I've never heard of that...I'm a fairly new user.

#14072 - 09/03/99 04:18 AM Re: Help with ASR-X problem
buinu Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA USA
The hard reset function should be listed in the manual.. if you have a manual. One of the soft button needs to be depressed while you switch the unit on/off eight times but the problem is, I don't remember which button. Sorry.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online