SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#140327 - 02/08/01 06:01 AM Click track for a PSR9000
MisterEd Offline

Has anyone had any experience running a click track for a drummer for live performance? I have a PSR9000 and would like to run a click track for the drummer I'm sure this can be done, but what is the best way? The reason for doing this is to be able to use the bass patterns and supplmental sounds while playing with a drummer.

Just want to add that this forum is really great! Even though I don't partiscipate as much as I would like(due to time contraints) I enjoy reading the comments from all of you and have learned a great deal both about the PSR9000 as well as the other K/boards that are available. The SD1 sounds great, but I have the same problem that so, many others seem to have; No one in this area(upstate NY) carries the Solton. I just don't feel that I should have to beg a manufacture to help me. I did talk with one k/board player in this area that had a Solton K/board and loved it, but had a hard time with service.

------------------
Ed

#140328 - 02/08/01 07:42 AM Re: Click track for a PSR9000
Stevizard Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Ed,

Do you mean that you want to send a metronome signal to the drummer? If so, set the metronome line out signal to Sub 2 and connect a headphone set to the Sub 2 jack on the PSR9000. Do to this press the Mixing Console button, then press NEXT until you see the Line OUT screen. Scroll down to metronome, then select Sub 2. That is, unless I misunderstood what you're wanting to do.

Steve

#140329 - 02/08/01 10:05 AM Re: Click track for a PSR9000
MisterEd Offline

Steve,

That's exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks for the help.

------------------
Ed

#140330 - 02/08/01 11:01 AM Re: Click track for a PSR9000
Stevizard Offline

Ed,

Glad I was able to help. Here's another thing you can do that I like a lot. You can connect your microphone to the PSR's mic-in jack. Then set the signal to the sub-1 line out. Connect the sub-1 out jack to your mixer and use the mixer to add reverb and other effects to your voice.

When you sing you can still use the PSR's auto-harmony, which is sent to the mains. The PSR's sub-1 line out sends your microphone signal (without processing) directly to your mixer, which sends your singing voice w/DSP to the mains. I like this arrangement because I have better and faster control over my vocal performance.

Steve

#140331 - 02/08/01 11:46 AM Re: Click track for a PSR9000
MisterEd Offline

Steve,

That sounds like a great idea. I will definitely try at next rehearsal.
Do you know if there is a better way to run the voice harmonizer? I usually seem to get distortion. Consequently, I have't used it out. It seems like I can get it to work correctly at times, but then the next thing you know I'm getting distortion. Do you have to set the input attenuation (control near where you plug mike into) everytime you change styles? It's very frustrating, since it is part of the reason, I went with the PSR9000. I appreciate whatever feedback you or anyone else can give me.

------------------
Ed

#140332 - 02/08/01 04:48 PM Re: Click track for a PSR9000
Stevizard Offline

Ed,

The distortion may be caused by your on-board speakers. Try turning them off. If that doesn't work, then try isolating the offending frequency by using the on-board mixing console. To avoid having to reset the mic for each song . . . set the mic up, then press the freeze button (be sure to designate the mic to be freezable in the default settings).

Steve

#140333 - 02/09/01 05:07 AM Re: Click track for a PSR9000
MisterEd Offline

Steve,

Thanks again. These sound like great ideas! I will definitely be trying all of your suggestions. It seems like there is no end to the PSR's possibilities.

Have you tried anything with the Multi settings in the Harmony section? I've played with it a little bit, and it's a great concept that should be developed more by Yamaha. Or perhaps you know some tricks that would enhance it. I like having three different horns playing three different notes at the same time, but the reaction time on it seems slow.

Oh, well a little off the subject, but thanks again for all the great ideas.

------------------
Ed

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online