SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#13960 - 08/11/99 03:25 AM SQ-R error message
Lode Offline

Loc: Turku, Finland
Well, I recently bought a SQ-R and bumped into an error message. When a certain situation happens following text appears into SQ-Rs display: "Unexpected event ID=144". This happens only when I connect SQ-Rs midi in to my Korg M1s midi thru. My Korg M1 is connected to my computer with midi cables (soundblaster). Problem seems to be solved if I turn on my computer and run some sequencer software. Anyone know what this behavior is?

And another thing. Of course the backup battery in SQ-R is dead. It seems to be a 3V lithium battery, CR2032. I presume this is a common acceccory available from allmost any store. Any comments?

Thanks;
Petri Loukasmäki

#13961 - 08/12/99 04:02 AM Re: SQ-R error message
Lode Offline

Loc: Turku, Finland
well, I changed the internal battery, It was a common lithium battery and a piece of cake to do. I noticed, that SQ-R runs with a MC68000 processor.

-Petri Loukasmäki

#13962 - 08/12/99 04:12 PM Re: SQ-R error message
Fernando Justo Offline

Loc: Rio de Janeiro,Brazil
The MIDI event 144 (hex 90) is note off.
The problem may be ocurring if you connect the cable with some note on sustained.
So the SQ-R receives an note off event without a previous note on.

Normaly it doesn't cause an error message on any synth, but I don't know how the SQ-R manages that.

I have an ESQ-1, which uses the same battery and it's very easy to find, as it's well used on the kodak photo cameras.

If you don't find it on conventional stores, try a look on photo stores.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online